Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadows 2 is coming

PRanta

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Heater said:

What kind of magazines does the shadow 2 come with? I recall reading that 3 nickel plated mags would be included. However, they look like mecgars in the photos I've seen.

Nitrite has nickel

Black poly and Urban Grey have MecGar AFC

Do the 19 round AFC Mecgars in this gun fit the USPSA Production box (wouldn't on the SP-01)? Seems like the European model pictures out there are all featured with the 19 round Mecgars in the pic, but US is getting 17 rounders....

Second question, would factory CZ SP-01 18 round mags fit the USPSA Prod box with this pistol?

40 minutes ago, sfinney said:

Do the 19 round AFC Mecgars in this gun fit the USPSA Production box (wouldn't on the SP-01)? Seems like the European model pictures out there are all featured with the 19 round Mecgars in the pic, but US is getting 17 rounders....

Second question, would factory CZ SP-01 18 round mags fit the USPSA Prod box with this pistol?

Pretty sure 19 rd mags don't fit. The 18rd ones do.

21 hours ago, eerw said:

Nitrite has nickel

Black poly and Urban Grey have MecGar AFC

21 hours ago, rowdyb said:

edited-- ^ said better and faster

Thanks for the responses guys. The shadow 2 will be my first CZ, so getting the nitrite for the nickel plated mags alone makes it worth the difference in price.

It doesn't seem like anyone has obtained the blue grip'd nitrites. Do you believe the nitrites will be entering distribution channels later on, perhaps in the mid summer?

I've made my own box, so not sure if the tolerances are like NASA level perfect. My pistol with 17rnd Mecgar and a Springer base pad that mimics the OAL of a stock 18 round sp01 mag, just squeezed in.

Of course tons of room with the magazines as shipped.

2 hours ago, Heater said:

Thanks for the responses guys. The shadow 2 will be my first CZ, so getting the nitrite for the nickel plated mags alone makes it worth the difference in price.

It doesn't seem like anyone has obtained the blue grip'd nitrites. Do you believe the nitrites will be entering distribution channels later on, perhaps in the mid summer?

The blue gripped nitrites are already out. They just sell out faster than the polys.

18 hours ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

The blue gripped nitrites are already out. They just sell out faster than the polys.

You're right. That's good news for me.

5 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/630554537

Picture shows blue grips, write up says S2 Black, cost is MSRP + $150.00 + shipping. 

Let the games begin :) 

I wonder if that is one was purchased from CZC and is being resold, or if some dealers are receiving shipments?

15 hours ago, kells81 said:

The box says polycoat finish.   There are 3 on GB now.       

CZ USA labeled all the guns as polycoat in description. if you look at product SKU number on right side of box, it ends with 91256 which is SKU for nitrite finish pistol.

polycoat guns will end with 91254.

nitrite guns also are packed with nickel mags, while polycoat guns are packed with mecGar AFC mags.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have an update on when the shadow 2 will be making the USPSA production list?  I just got my "worked on" 2 from CZ custom and I love it.  I don't want to shoot anything else so I can focus on getting used to it but I also don't really want to shoot it in limited either... something's gotta give I guess.  Still, would be nice if the 2 made the list soon.

On 4/2/2017 at 1:38 AM, Richc2048 said:

I've been shooting in Limited with the S2 but still loading to ten. Makes it less confusing. It's fun to see where I stack up in Limited shooting ten round mags and minor scoring.

Do you have to start SA/safety or can you do DA like in Production?

43 minutes ago, SCTaylor said:

Wow! Bidding ended at $2,025! That's fricken insane.

Hope they like the grips :) , else that is an even more pricey finish.

Really wanted to like stock grips on mine, but, :( . 

Ick. Just finished putting the light springs in my new toy so now I can get a feel for the trigger.

Glock-like compared to my Cajunized guns :( . Too much pre-travel & creep. 

Was really hoping to save $ on hammer & disco & sear.