Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadows 2 is coming

PRanta

1 hour ago, B_RAD said:

It's nitride under the poly. Is it because folks want the blue grips or just don't want the poly coat?

I think it is probably lots of stuff.

Folks change their minds or run into $ issues.

Looks like it is going to take more money to get slick triggers comparable to what many have done with the S1. 

Still do not know if they will be production legal in 2017.

Don't know when CZC & CGW trigger goodies will be available. 

Didn't figure on paying full MSRP for a factory CZ.

Coating preference.

Too late in season to start getting used to a new gun (for those who have a cold winter). 

Just guessing though. 

Edited by IHAVEGAS

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Looks like it is going to take a more money to get slick triggers comparable to what many have done with the S1. 

Coating preference.

Too late in season to start getting used to a new gun (for those who have a cold winter). 

Just guessing though. 

Yeah. I really didn't need to buy it. I've got my S1 rockin. Don't need to be messing with another gun. 

Oh well. We'll see. 

Yea, I'm upgrading from an 85C so coming from the old beavertail. Gonna be a huge upgrade for me (hopefully).

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=86823.msg654039#msg654039

From David @ CGW

As promised, here is a list of some dimensions of the internal parts, what is common across the spectrum and will cross reference:

S-2 hammer spring wire OD = .042" which equates to a 14 - 14.5 lb. hammer spring
S-2 recoil spring wire OD = .042" which equates to 13#'s
Firing pin spring wire OD - .029" which equates to OEM
Firing pin length = .2.468" which equates to OEM
S-2 Disco down leg center thickness dimension is .125"

This is a comparison of hammer hook heights, from the sear bed to the top of the hammer hooks:

S-2 = .028"
CZC = .025"
CGW = .016"

Everything in the frame is standard CZ Shadow as follows:
Grips
Sear, sear spring, sear pin & cage
Trigger, trigger pin & trigger return spring
Hammer, pivot pin, retaining peg, disco & strut
Safety detent & spring

What's different:
Manual safety is like the Tactical Sport & SP-01 Compact
Manual safety is unique to the S-2 and is the same as the SP-01 Compact

We'll get more info to the forum in the next few days.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 08:59:24 PM by schmeky »

30 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Looks like it is going to take more money to get slick triggers comparable to what many have done with the S1. 

Coating preference.

Just guessing though. 

CZ Custom is offering trigger work now. I told them to hold on to mine and give it the working over. They said their queue was about 8 weeks. They didn't quote a price but just said they would send an updated invoice. I'm guessing $350 - $400? Stuart also said that there were at least 10 or so others before me that asked for this work on their S2s. I know that there is at least one more behind me (buddy of mine got the call about two days after me).

32 minutes ago, LeviSS said:

What the problem with poly?  I have an SP-01 from '09 that's seen a lot of holster time and it still looks pretty good...Some wear on the rail and slide corners.

I don't think there is a problem. For me, it's just that if I am paying 1300, I don't mind paying an extra 100 to get the nitride and to get the blue grips I prefer. But I am completely okay with saving $100 and putting it towardsa CGW hammer + sear as well.

1 minute ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

I don't think there is a problem. For me, it's just that if I am paying 1300, I don't mind paying an extra 100 to get the nitride and to get the blue grips I prefer. But I am completely okay with saving $100 and putting it towardsa CGW hammer + sear as well.

I keep seeing folks talk about the CGW hammer.  Is their production legal hammer  a part they make or is it one that's from CZC? My understanding is that if it's production legal, it can't be one they make?   

Just now, B_RAD said:

I keep seeing folks talk about the CGW hammer.  Is their production legal hammer  a part they make or is it one that's from CZC? My understanding is that if it's production legal, it can't be one they make?   

The CGW hammer was recently approved for Production.

2 hours ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

The CGW hammer was recently approved for Production.

Saaaaweet!!!

I'm gonna have to try one!  I'm assuming (watch out) that it eleminates some of the SA creep?

Edited by B_RAD

Just now, B_RAD said:

Saaaaweet!!!

I'm gonna have to try one!  I'm assuming (watch out) that it eleminates soem

of the SA creep?

Pretty much all of it. I much prefer it over the CZC hammer, but I do have an NP3 coated CZC hammer that is real slick. I don't like the break as much with the CZC hammer, but the DA pull is definitely better. I'm going to see if David will run a batch of NP3 coated CGW hammers.

2 hours ago, Jason Krywicki said:

CZ Custom is offering trigger work now. I told them to hold on to mine and give it the working over. They said their queue was about 8 weeks. They didn't quote a price but just said they would send an updated invoice. I'm guessing $350 - $400? Stuart also said that there were at least 10 or so others before me that asked for this work on their S2s. I know that there is at least one more behind me (buddy of mine got the call about two days after me).

My Brother just called and $260 for their trigger job. Drops it 1/2#?? The stock trigger weight of the new S2 is supposedly 3.5# from the factory and CZC won't go below 3#'s for legal cause. Pretty sure a hammer spring will do that? Maybe once everyone starts tinkering with the guts we can get another "Atlas tune" thread for a cost effective result? 

Also said they got in 600 S2's and a couple hundred were left for sale. 

1 hour ago, RIPsaw475 said:

My Brother just called and $260 for their trigger job. Drops it 1/2#?? The stock trigger weight of the new S2 is supposedly 3.5# from the factory and CZC won't go below 3#'s for legal cause. Pretty sure a hammer spring will do that? Maybe once everyone starts tinkering with the guts we can get another "Atlas tune" thread for a cost effective result? 

Also said they got in 600 S2's and a couple hundred were left for sale. 

All the first hand reports of SA weight is a lot more than 3.5#. It's no different internally than a Shadow 1 so just do the same as any other CZ, and you should be okay.

3 minutes ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

Did you see the post I quoted? David already did a detail strip and posted similarities/differences.

I saw your post. I can't see anything about slide stops.

I milled a disconnector for mine today and the reset and SA trigger is amazing.! Even using the stock hammer. Using the CZC comp hammer the DA dropped over a pound on another gun we tuned today.