Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadows 2 is coming

PRanta

16 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

I feel the trigger pull is better on the Tanfo.  

Out of the box no mods to the gun that was not the conclusion the three of us drew comparing the Extreme Stock III's to a stock Shadow 2.  I have no doubt they can be made awesome.

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Chili said:

Out of the box no mods to the gun that was not the conclusion the three of us drew comparing the Extreme Stock III's to a stock Shadow 2.  I have no doubt they can be made awesome.

I see. 

I want to get a hold of a Shadow 2 bad!  

24 minutes ago, Gcarr said:

Has anyone on the preorder list actually gotten theirs??? If so what was the order  confirmation date ???

It sounds like most people on the pre-order list just got their shipping notification yesterday, so I'm willing to bet none are in hand yet. 

3 hours ago, Gcarr said:

Has anyone on the preorder list actually gotten theirs??? If so what was the order  confirmation date ???

Lots are in hand on the Facebook group. They asked for overnight shipping. They preordered in November.

Edited by SlvrDragon50

51 minutes ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

Lots are in hand on the Facebook group. They asked for overnight shipping. They preordered in November.

What Facebook group? I thought I was a member of all the CZ groups, hahaha.

For many people with small hands/short fingers, Shadow1/2 have too long a DA trigger reach.  Never have problem with Tanfos. 

It's not even an option when your trigger finger could barely touch the trigger in DA, even after all the trigger reach reduction kit and curvy trigger etc.  Not sure how Tanfo did it but their DA reach is so comfortable. 

7 hours ago, Peplow530 said:

What Facebook group? I thought I was a member of all the CZ groups, hahaha.

CZ Firearms Owners Group

4 hours ago, JusticeOfToren said:

For many people with small hands/short fingers, Shadow1/2 have too long a DA trigger reach.  Never have problem with Tanfos. 

It's not even an option when your trigger finger could barely touch the trigger in DA, even after all the trigger reach reduction kit and curvy trigger etc.  Not sure how Tanfo did it but their DA reach is so comfortable. 

Aw man, I was worried about this. I saw a pic of this, but the guy said he had small hands. So how small of a hand are we talking about? I wear like small/medium gloves usually.

1 hour ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

CZ Firearms Owners Group

Aw man, I was worried about this. I saw a pic of this, but the guy said he had small hands. So how small of a hand are we talking about? I wear like small/medium gloves usually.

I've had 2 shadows and have played with a shadow 2. The trigger reach for someone with shorter fingers on the shadow 1 is pretty hard to reach and I could barely get my outer quarter of my trigger finger on the trigger. On the shadow 2 it was more manageable as I could get the mid part of my trigger finger on the trigger. It still needs to set back a little farther to be 100% awesome, but I could shoot it as is. The best placement of the trigger would be when you just cock the hammer and the trigger gets a little slack, just like the decocker versions of cz's. I wish they would have went with that type of placement instead of the "set forward" type of trigger that's the 85 and 85c. And I've tried every version of the cz trigger, 85/85c/curved etc.

Edited by Prov1x

43 minutes ago, Prov1x said:

I've had 2 shadows and have played with a shadow 2. The trigger reach for someone with shorter fingers on the shadow 1 is pretty hard to reach and I could barely get my outer quarter of my trigger finger on the trigger. On the shadow 2 it was more manageable as I could get the mid part of my trigger finger on the trigger. It still needs to set back a little farther to be 100% awesome, but I could shoot it as is. The best placement of the trigger would be when you just cock the hammer and the trigger gets a little slack, just like the decocker versions of cz's. I wish they would have went with that type of placement instead of the "set forward" type of trigger that's the 85 and 85c. And I've tried every version of the cz trigger, 85/85c/curved etc.

Ahh, hmm. I have an 85C, and I have no problem reaching for the DA pull (though my DA pull sucks) but as you said, I would definitely be happier if there was a little less reach.

34 minutes ago, adamge said:

Sadly I have a feeling this price is based more on a "what the market will bare" strategy than what it costs plus reasonable markup.

It's just MSRP. Considering the number of preorders, I don't think the prices will go down until it's stocked at like Hinterland and in good numbers.

9 hours ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

It's just MSRP. Considering the number of preorders, I don't think the prices will go down until it's stocked at like Hinterland and in good numbers.

It will be fun to watch what happens. Should be enough of them out now so that the general shooting public will get some exposure, and their might be a big demand bump from that. MSRP+ pricing could be a thing, similar to the Stock 2's. 

Wish I was not such a tightwad, but paying MSRP for any gun might literally kill me.

40 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

It will be fun to watch what happens. Should be enough of them out now so that the general shooting public will get some exposure, and their might be a big demand bump from that. MSRP+ pricing could be a thing, similar to the Stock 2's. 

Wish I was not such a tightwad, but paying MSRP for any gun might literally kill me.

Couldn't agree more. I think the black polys may drop in price, but it seems like the nitrides will hold their high price. CZC still hasn't sold out of the black polys online so that's what I think is going on anyways. 

1 hour ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

Couldn't agree more. I think the black polys may drop in price, but it seems like the nitrides will hold their high price. CZC still hasn't sold out of the black polys online so that's what I think is going on anyways. 

Not sure I understand what the issue is with the poly coated ones is?  

It's nitride under the poly. Is it because folks want the blue grips or just don't want the poly coat?

38 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

Not sure I understand what the issue is with the poly coated ones is?  

It's nitride under the poly. Is it because folks want the blue grips or just don't want the poly coat?

I don't think there's an issue, but I think it's the combination of the blue grips + external nitride being easier to maintain than poly. I personally don't care since it's going to be holstered repeatedly and that finish isn't going to last either way.

It may also be that if you're okay with poly, you would prefer to get the Urban Grey (like me, but I can't wait).

2 minutes ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

I don't think there's an issue, but I think it's the combination of the blue grips + external nitride being easier to maintain than poly. I personally don't care since it's going to be holstered repeatedly and that finish isn't going to last either way.

It may also be that if you're okay with poly, you would prefer to get the Urban Grey (like me, but I can't wait).

Yeah. I heard they had some and called and got one. I don't care what it looks like.   So,.... thanks to everyone not wanting a poly.  I didn't have to get on a waiting list and still got one. 

Just now, B_RAD said:

Yeah. I heard they had some and called and got one. I don't care what it looks like.   So,.... thanks to everyone not wanting a poly.  I didn't have to get on a waiting list and still got one. 

Yup, it's a black poly! Mine arrives Friday, but I don't get back home for another 1.5 wks so I can't even shoot it :(