Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadows 2 is coming

PRanta

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

Shadow 2s are being shipped now :mellow: Good luck to those who pre-ordered through CZC!

Get one?

(Urbana is not that far away :) ) 

If there are no pictures then it didn't happen, internet rule. 

Just now, IHAVEGAS said:

Get one?

(Urbana is not that far away :) ) 

If there are no pictures then it didn't happen, internet rule. 

I didn't join the pre-order :D I didn't think I could afford a Shadow 2 until this month since I just found out I will get paid over this summer. I'll wait for a used one or one of the cheaper places to sell it.

Someone on the FB group said he got notification of shipment from CZC. This would also explain why CZC is a bit slower on responding to emails today too.

Once you guys start getting the shadow 2, could someone post whether the inside and outside of the barrel is nitride coated?  More interested in knowing if the inside of the barrel is coated. Thnx

4 hours ago, adamge said:

Yes, to my recollection inside is coated as well. Only part that isn't is the feed ramp.

I just took apart my urban tan S2 and confirmed what I wrote is correct.

CGW took a look at the S2 and reported: 

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=86823.0

We have our S-2 and we have done some initial observations.  As we suspected, the S-2 is a mix of something new and something old.  First thing we noticed:

1)  SA is creepy on our sample
2)  We were surprised at the amount of pre-travel in the trigger, it's better than the 91154, but in the S-2 price range, should be better
3)  Slide serrations on the rear seem to have less grip area than the 91154/SP-01
4)  Barrel bushing to barrel fit on our sample was somewhat loose; typical of the SP-01's of the past (CGW barrel bushing will fit)
5)  Barrel is slightly longer compared to the 91154/SP-01
6)  Slim safeties are very thin, great for a high hold with thumbs forward

We'll have more in depth info in the next few weeks.

Shadow 2 is pretty much like SP01 Shadow. CZ add a slightly better disconnector. but not quite as tight as the current ones being offered.

internals are familiar to the SP01 Shadow, just some dimensional differences.

Improvements of note are the frame checkering. addition of paddle mag release, two sets of safeties, height adjustable rear sight. longer sight radius.

additional weight will be good for some, not so good for others.

91254 Shadow 2 polycoat_ DSC2819CZC.jpg

Edited by eerw

7 minutes ago, eerw said:

Shadow 2 is pretty much like SP01 Shadow. CZ add a slightly better disconnector. but not quite as tight as the current ones being offered.

internals are familiar to the SP01 Shadow, just some dimensional differences.

Improvements of note are the frame checkering. addition of paddle mag release, two sets of safeties, height adjustable rear sight. longer sight radius.

additional weight will be good for some, not so good for others.

91254 Shadow 2 polycoat_ DSC2819CZC.jpg

man that's nice

I said it over on the other forum, but I think 1300 is asking too much when you still need to replace the hammer, disco, and bushing. At 1100 it's a good buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or stock III for $850

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

Yup. That was my other statement on CZ Firearms. We shouldn't be comparing to the SP-01, we should be comparing to the Stock III.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

except, I am yet to find a stock2 or 3 with the same trigger quality as CZs. Regardless of all the new parts, it is not quite there IMHO. That is not a big deal for most people, however. The extra weight of Stock 2 or 3 was a decision point for some but with extra weight of Shadow 2 that has been resolved. Shadow 2 will be much cheaper at some point in the future. Remember people were paying $1600 for Stock 2 without a problem 3 years ago.   

We have quite a few people where I am with stock 2/3 extremes.   Thats what we have been comparing very favourably with the shadow 2.

One big difference is the shadow 2 runs any ammo and everyone I ahve seen with a stock 2/3 extreme has trouble, has to polish the feed ramp, can only run round points, etc, etc.

27 minutes ago, cheby said:

except, I am yet to find a stock2 or 3 with the same trigger quality as CZs. Regardless of all the new parts, it is not quite there IMHO. That is not a big deal for most people, however. The extra weight of Stock 2 or 3 was a decision point for some but with extra weight of Shadow 2 that has been resolved. Shadow 2 will be much cheaper at some point in the future. Remember people were paying $1600 for Stock 2 without a problem 3 years ago.   

I had a Limited Pro and the DA trigger pull was awesome!  I'd say better than any CZ I've shot or handled.  That's an opinion of course but I preferred the feeling of the Tanfo pull.  It took some work to get it there but the CZ require a little work too. 

I wish they would have redesigned or copied the Tanfo trigger bar support as well as the hammer spring set up.  

It took me a while to get used to it but now I like it better the way the Tanfo does it.  Im probably in the minority on that though.  I'm not a fan of the CZ trigger bar lifter spring or the mag release spring.  

I understand why cz kept it the same though.  

Edited by B_RAD

4 minutes ago, metalnwood said:

We have quite a few people where I am with stock 2/3 extremes.   Thats what we have been comparing very favourably with the shadow 2.

One big difference is the shadow 2 runs any ammo and everyone I ahve seen with a stock 2/3 extreme has trouble, has to polish the feed ramp, can only run round points, etc, etc.

Stock 2 and 3 are more sensitive to get springs set up right so the gun will work with all primers as well. 

We've got two locals who recently bought Stock III Extremes at near double the cost of the Shadow 2 nice gun but the DA pull is absolute garbage compared to the Shadow 2 in both their guns compared to both of my Shadow 2's.  As far as igniting primers both of my 2's are 100% with the hardest cheap Russian primers so far with the 11.5 CGW spring and stock firing pin and fp spring.

32 minutes ago, Chili said:

We've got two locals who recently bought Stock III Extremes at near double the cost of the Shadow 2 nice gun but the DA pull is absolute garbage compared to the Shadow 2 in both their guns compared to both of my Shadow 2's.  As far as igniting primers both of my 2's are 100% with the hardest cheap Russian primers so far with the 11.5 CGW spring and stock firing pin and fp spring.

From what I hear the Exteme models aren't worth buying unless your shoot IPSC.  

Any regular Tanfo can be made to have a nicer trigger than the extreme models for a few hundred less.  

I sold my Tanfo so I'm not a fan boy but I feel folks haven't had the proper experience with a good tuned Tanfo!  

I also didn't feel mine was primer sensitive at all. 

CZ are more accurate, have better mag well but I feel the trigger pull is better on the Tanfo.