Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadows 2 is coming

PRanta

I have heard numbers between 1500 and 3000 Shadow 2 per month coming off the new production line.
The machining is noticeably sharper than the Shadows including the Oranges.

100 per month for the US does seem a little low.

Edited by BMaus

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/20/2017 at 8:16 AM, IHAVEGAS said:

Really doesn't sound like much at all in terms of filling the pipeline, after things get to steady state I'm thinking 100 per month is maybe not bad when you consider the limited market for a $1300+ 9mm that is not IDPA legal and which has legitimate competition from other brands. 

Why would this be not legal for IDPA?

2 hours ago, 1911vm said:

1 hour ago, 1911vm said:

Wow thanks I did not pay attention to that. so does that mean that shadow 1 would be good to go for both SSP and ESP? 

Yes, you just have to watch weight with grips, etc.

4 hours ago, 1911vm said:

Wow thanks I did not pay attention to that. so does that mean that shadow 1 would be good to go for both SSP and ESP? 

IIRC, the shadow 1 is OK for SSP, as long as it is not the Shadow SP-01 Target.  The Shadow SP-01 Target is not OK, due to the milling of the slide for the rear sight.

Edited by M1911

37 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

i sure wish we'd hear something definitive about arrival dates. and then uspsa Prod division approval. if i'm gonna need a new holster and get used to a much heavier gun i'd like the time to do so.

I wonder what the transitions are going to feel like with the heavier, longer nose of the SHadow 2.

it's not like it's impossible, hahaha. and i know the gun can be driven. but i can feel a difference shooting my 45oz tac sport versus my 41 oz sp01. so i'm sure i'll notice going to a 47oz shadow2.

but then, i am sensitive.

To me, the extra weight of Shadow 2 is the main thing. Many people have switched to Stock 2 just because the Stock 2 is heavier even though the CZ trigger is just better even with the Bolo stuff. With the extra weight of Shadow 2 we would have it both - the extra weight and the superior trigger.  

On 1/25/2017 at 1:04 PM, cheby said:

To me, the extra weight of Shadow 2 is the main thing. Many people have switched to Stock 2 just because the Stock 2 is heavier even though the CZ trigger is just better even with the Bolo stuff. With the extra weight of Shadow 2 we would have it both - the extra weight and the superior trigger.  

This gun is actually heavier than my tS 

I have a Stock II and a Shadow 2, much prefer the Shadow 2 over it, hell I preferred the Shadow over it. Main thing for me is ergos and trigger dynamics, nothing touches the Shadow design and setup in my opinion. The Shadow 2 is just a refinement of that.