PRanta

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2016 at 0:10 PM, Chili said:

No, you may get it to work by backing off the retention screws and using spacers but it won't be ideal. 

NO,  

We will have holsters starting shortly after SHOT show is the goal.  

The new Double Alpha US distribution (Alpha-Dynamics USA) is now located in the US and they have the DAA Pro 2 USPSA legal kydex holster for the Shadow 2....shipped now from the US in Pa. (faster and cheaper)  go thru the normal doublealpha.biz website to order

Edited by race1911

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Richc2048 said:

Very nice! I'm sure you'll be a busy man for a while then. Enjoy!

When I knew one was coming I opened up pre-orders.  I was shocked we did not have more orders come in.  

I have no clue if I'm going to be getting the shadow 2 soon. Or if it's going to be inflated prices for a while or what. Many are being reserved about if they are getting it as soon as it's available.

At least that's what I'm thinking.

9 hours ago, rowdyb said:

I bet everyone is waiting to have it in their own hands before they order a holster.

Makes sense. Might as well get something that you like the looks of, so until you know what finish guns will be available and if you like the stock grips then a holster is a hard call.

Also if you are a cheap sob like me you might be waiting another 14 months or longer for S2 prices to settle down.

1 hour ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Makes sense. Might as well get something that you like the looks of, so until you know what finish guns will be available and if you like the stock grips then a holster is a hard call.

Also if you are a cheap sob like me you might be waiting another 14 months or longer for S2 prices to settle down.

You need to get one ordered up so I can shoot it. :D

OK, gun is here.  I have pics on my instagram.  @redhilltactical

I am super impressed with the feel of the grip.  It is nothing short of amazing.  They have taken the old SP01 profile, added some where it needed and raised the beavertail and undercut.  The grip feels a bit smaller than the TS orange, but the checkering is in the right spots.  Very happy with the feel of this gun.  

Trigger is smooth for factory, I am sure with a spring set it can be sweetened even more.  I am going to order a few parts for it to see what I can do.  The short reset isn't as short as a fitted one from one of the tuners, but its pretty dog gone good.  The trigger stroke is clean with no stacking.  

The sights are quite nice, the front fiber is pretty good and seems to be the right size.  The rear is height adjustable, and drift adjustable.  

The mag well is insane.  Feels almost like having a mag well built into the gun.

The mag release is absolutely huge.  It is far bigger than any I have had on an open gun even.  

The gun is heavy though.  Seems to outweigh my sp01 just by pick up weight.  

Overall A+ on a factory gun.  

11 hours ago, Kingman said:

The mag well is insane.  Feels almost like having a mag well built into the gun.

The mag release is absolutely huge.  It is far bigger than any I have had on an open gun even.  

That is the other thing I wonder about. Will the S2 stir a bit of debate in regard to the USPSA production gun list? 

The assumption seems to be that it is a shoe in, and I think that there are already guns on the list that have a pretty nice mag opening, but the mag release and possibly the overall package seems to be pushing the limits between limited and production. 

Maybe no worries. 

Edited by IHAVEGAS

1 hour ago, IHAVEGAS said:

That is the other thing I wonder about. Will the S2 stir a bit of debate in regard to the USPSA production gun list? 

The assumption seems to be that it is a shoe in, and I think that there are already guns on the list that have a pretty nice mag opening, but the mag release and possibly the overall package seems to be pushing the limits between limited and production. 

Maybe no worries. 

Well. Since it is IPSC approved in form as it sits. It would be hard to argue.