Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadows 2 is coming

PRanta

44 minutes ago, mveto said:

I am very jealous that I will probably never get to own a Shadow 2 unless I pay a premium from someone who happens to bring one into California. Sometimes this State sucks :(

"Sometimes"?     I live in California too.

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say big difference in the overall size of the grip (if I did before I blame excitement) but it is noticeable. Playing around tonight in the smoke pit at the hotel a couple of guys were immediately impressed that they could get their midget hands on the gun properly and get the trigger finger on the trigger easily. The deeper cut in the beavertail area is just enough to help. 

Interesting things to note, the gun I am using at EHC is one of the very first ones made before IWA. It has a factory 9lb(ish) recoil spring (Zdenek says it's 6 but he's on glue). Gun runs like a top. Has the original comp hammer from a Shadow and the 85 Combat trigger. I grabbed a set of red grips off of Robin's bench today to make it look more Canadian (will have the maple leaf engraved when I get home next week).

yes they had some issues with the nitriding finish. they had a few blemishes show up and were reluctant to send out guns with any faults at all, so they are being redone. This whole thing is a giant learning curve for CZ, from the start of the program in 2010 (maybe even earlier, but that's when I got involved), to the first prototypes, to IWA and the massive orders they did not expect, to a few production issues, to the nitriding issues. Give them time, the gun is worth the wait.

20161004_010138.jpg

slavex, can you provide definitive answers on compatibility with the Double Alpha Race Master holster?  Will the Shadow 2 fit in the regular SP01 insert, and does it hold it securely or wobbly, does it need sanding for a wider trigger guard?

Also with the TS Orange, the SP01 insert works but the gun wobbles. Can you provide the solution?

One more thing (Columbo anyone?). Why don't you run a race holster? I recall seeing you run regular kydex holsters.

Edited by adamge

I'm going to see if I can find a piece of string and compare Shadow and Shadow 2s in some meaningful way this week. But the trigger is easier for smaller hands to reach now. I have really big hands and love how it feels though, I don't feel like it's small, and I'm running thin grips. 

As for the holster, no, I don't think the racemaster SP01 insert works with the 2, I'll ask Saul tomorrow or Wednesday when I see him. they do have the new Racemaster holster out now too eh, and it takes the same inserts as the previous one, but not sure if they have a 2 or not.

8 hours ago, adamge said:

slavex, can you provide definitive answers on compatibility with the Double Alpha Race Master holster?  Will the Shadow 2 fit in the regular SP01 insert, and does it hold it securely or wobbly, does it need sanding for a wider trigger guard?

Why not use the new Race Master insert (http://www.doublealpha.biz/rm-holster-insert-block) for the Shadow 2 that DAA have already released.

Ooh, new Alpha-X holster;
http://www.doublealpha.biz/alpha-x-holster

Edited by BMaus

On 4/12/2016 at 7:46 AM, BMaus said:

$100 says nobody outside Europe sees a production Shadow 2 in 2016

On 4/12/2016 at 10:25 PM, BeerBaron said:

I'll take that action. :)

On 9/30/2016 at 9:31 PM, BMaus said:

The first shipment of 60 production Shadow 2 have arrived in Australia. Only Urban Grey in this shipment.

AU$1699 (US$1295) with 4 mags or AU$1549 (US$1180) with 2 mags.
All 10 round mags here.

.cz_shadow2_urban-280x280.jpg

I would prefer a nice crisp greenie but 2 X 50's will do. :) 

I will confess I was getting a bit nervous as we rolled into October with not a peep about any delivered into punters hands in aus or canada....

8 hours ago, BeerBaron said:

I would prefer a nice crisp greenie but 2 X 50's will do. :) 

I will confess I was getting a bit nervous as we rolled into October with not a peep about any delivered into punters hands in aus or canada....

Mumble, mumble...

Hows the 22/45 ?

On 24/08/2016 at 2:59 PM, BeerBaron said:

The best money you'll spend on a mk3 22/45 is ...

Bushing and sear are super easy to fit...

See you tomorrow ?

Edited by BMaus

Also with the TS Orange, the SP01 insert works but the gun wobbles. Can you provide the solution?

One more thing (Columbo anyone?). Why don't you run a race holster? I recall seeing you run regular kydex holsters.

The TSO fits fine in an SP01 block as long as you mod the sliding lock. It's the same frame as the Czechmate. I've got both and the block I modded for the CM 4 years ago works fine with my TSO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like the new backstrap and frontstrap on the 2. It looks like it's as nice as the Tanfo Extreme. I'm hoping they are in stock early next year when I plan on upgrading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't have a chance to talk to Saul or Eli today, maybe tomorrow at dinner. 

I don't run a race holster as I just don't see an advantage to it. I can do sub .8 draws out of kydex to 10yds if I want (and get As sometimes too). The gun has to go from waist level to eye level, what it's held by isn't that important. But, I might try this Alpha X for shits and giggles too

On 2016-10-07 at 1:58 PM, bigdave24 said:

What does the shadow 2 weigh with an empty mag?  Anyway to get it to 43 oz for idpa?

No, I believe the weight is 47oz. The frame is too beefed up along with the little extra length adding to the weight. It sucks that there is a 43oz weight restriction for IDPA as this would be an ideal self defence gun. If you run out of bullets, you can use it as a club :) 

Edited by abb1

• 2 weeks later...

I actually held one in my hands today and I do have to say the checkering on the front and rear is very aggressive!! the mag release is huge and there are the fat safeties and thin safeties shipped with them.. and yes put a few rounds at a target.

10 minutes ago, MarMahDuke said:

Is this why I ant find even an SP-01 in the USA?  Or is it just standard pre election panic buying?

Watch the adds, there are always great used ones coming up on the forum.

I have been wondering if cz is doing any inventory control with new releases, vendors do not like it when version 2 comes out and the have shelves full of version 1 in stock already.

If the SP-01 inventory is indeed running low that could be a good sign. 

16 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Watch the adds, there are always great used ones coming up on the forum.

I have been wondering if cz is doing any inventory control with new releases, vendors do not like it when version 2 comes out and the have shelves full of version 1 in stock already.

If the SP-01 inventory is indeed running low that could be a good sign. 

I'm sure they are to some extent.. I was speaking more to regular old SP-01's.  I want to wait until the 2 comes out, but patience isn't one of my strengths.