CZ Shadows 2 is coming

PRanta

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, ARy said:

9592ba6e-0e5f-4638-b9e7-627f1a80ec2f_zps

The above is quite routine for him. Usually Open takes 2nd and 3rd, but this was just a quick snap shot for you, since, you know, you said our club sucks. lol

"Quite routine." That is the only overall win he put up that I can find from this year. Not saying he isn't really good, just that its not exactly "quite routine."

I'm never said he or your club sucks. But good try putting words into my mouth. 

38 minutes ago, slavex said:

A bit of a hijack, but regarding high overall, it's actually common to see PD guys taking it. But you know, Eric G doesn't count when he does it... 

Cherry picking the unquestionably best shooter on the planet to prove your point, kind of proves mine. 

"Cherry picking the unquestionably best shooter on the planet to prove your point, kind of proves mine."

If you would have said that a great open shooter would beat a great production shooter I think that would have been correct. The word you used is good, so my money says that you are wrong, particularly with open being constrained to 10 rounds.

But this thread was more interesting when we were on topic. 

42 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

"Cherry picking the unquestionably best shooter on the planet to prove your point, kind of proves mine."

If you would have said that a great open shooter would beat a great production shooter I think that would have been correct. The word you used is good, so my money says that you are wrong, particularly with open being constrained to 10 rounds.

But this thread was more interesting when we were on topic. 

+1.  Hear, hear.  Where are the mods?

6 hours ago, cheby said:

Holy smoke,  so much of self-censorship around here...

My response wasn't about censorship.  It was about sticking to this thread's original subject title, which is what the mods tend to help us with.  Please, don't get bent out of shape for trying to stick to the forum guidelines.  

Wish I had learned the art of self censorship many moons ago , would have saved me untold grief :) 

anyone shot both the s2 and the cts ls ?

I am so much liking the cts ls that I think my opinion of what to expect from the s2 is probably biased. 

On 9/10/2016 at 1:30 AM, tedahlenius85 said:

I think CZ hired a marketing expert from Apple, asking how they could make the Shadow2 the new unicorn. The answer they got was; make it unawailable to most of the buyers. And to start the unicorn off, only ship the odd urban grey one at first delivery. Then you will make ppl who actually want a black one buy an urban Grey, and when you ship blacks later, the same ppl will buy a that too. Then you sell even more guns.

Skickat från min SM-G925F via Tapatalk

Yeah, i could see that being realistic. I mean why not eliminate headphones right? Problem is this: those of us in the market for a new gun are more than likely going to only drop that $1,300 once every few years.  I'm moving on from a Glock 34 over the winter. I want time to dry fire and get back up to speed before the 2017 spring season starts. So for me, rubbing the shaft and stopping short of a good time doesn't work.  You don't spend all that money on marketing without having a hefty stock in the warehouse.  With today's technology, you should be able to test and evaluate properly in advance. Unless, of course, you're Remington's R51.   My money will probably go to a Tanfoglio unfortunately. 

Yeah, i could see that being realistic. I mean why not eliminate headphones right? Problem is this: those of us in the market for a new gun are more than likely going to only drop that $1,300 once every few years.  I'm moving on from a Glock 34 over the winter. I want time to dry fire and get back up to speed before the 2017 spring season starts. So for me, rubbing the shaft and stopping short of a good time doesn't work.  You don't spend all that money on marketing without having a hefty stock in the warehouse.  With today's technology, you should be able to test and evaluate properly in advance. Unless, of course, you're Remington's R51.   My money will probably go to a Tanfoglio unfortunately. 

I'm leaning towards a Stock 2 atm. Mostly because I wasnt that impressed by the new Shadow testing it this summer, but I can see ppl buying something else cause they're tired of waiting.

Skickat från min SM-G925F via Tapatalk

You high end marketing guys slay me. CZ had every intention to meet the shipping dates, but as previously noted ran into an issue going I to full production. They had to solve this unexpected problem which put them quite a bit behind. Then they got slammed with more orders than they ever projected they'd get and are now working on them. Our first batch will be here this week I hope, looking forward to it. 

30 minutes ago, Delta66 said:

I'd say there forecasting could have been a little more accurate. 

Interesting to see if it was really off by much. We are a loud but small group of gun nuts, when you get enough supply sprinkled out to shut us up I am not sure what the big picture looks like. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've been trying to take a close look at the beavertail in the pics I've found online of the Shadow 2.  In comparison to my Shadow, I don't see much difference at all.  I think Slavex testified that there's a pretty big difference there, but I just don't see it in the pics.  Any of you other international guys have any say?  

The first shipment of 60 production Shadow 2 have arrived in Australia. Only Urban Grey in this shipment.

AU$1699 (US$1295) with 4 mags or AU$1549 (US$1180) with 2 mags.
All 10 round mags here.

.cz_shadow2_urban-280x280.jpg

Edited by BMaus

Purely speculating here, but given that only a few guns in the traditional black/blue finish have hit the street while the urban grey guns are showing up all over the world in larger numbers, I'm thinking that there was a problem in the first production run of the Shadow 2's. It would only make sense that the first run of guns would be the traditional black ones and CZ got the problem figured out for the second run which would be the urban grey variant. 

Maybe a finish problem with the frames of the black guns?

Edited by Hooked

10 hours ago, Hooked said:

Maybe a finish problem with the frames of the black guns?

Perhaps the urban greys use a coating from a different manufacturer ?

Odd that they did not sort this out much earlier.