Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadows 2 is coming

PRanta

I have almost zero pretravel as a result of the pre B disco, in SA that is, which is what I would assume you're talking about, without the pre B there is a fair amount of movement.

Sadly tomorrow I can't take any video, but I'll be watching Maria and Robin shoot their Shadow 2s and will be playing with them after. but the rules at Infinity Open are no pics or video of the shooting or the stages

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have almost zero pretravel as a result of the pre B disco, in SA that is, which is what I would assume you're talking about, without the pre B there is a fair amount of movement.

Sadly tomorrow I can't take any video, but I'll be watching Maria and Robin shoot their Shadow 2s and will be playing with them after. but the rules at Infinity Open are no pics or video of the shooting or the stages

Here is a true zero pre travel

Wonder if you could sort of machine gun that thing if you didn't grip it right ?

I am curious and out of my depth due to lack of experience.

Dose a shooter actually want or benefit from absolute zero trigger pre-travel versus very little pre-travel (example: SP-01 CGW T3 hand fit disco)?

An interesting video none the less. Thank you for posting it Ary.

I actually want a little pretravel, especially in cold weather when my fingers get numb. Even on my sniper rifle I like a little take up before my shot breaks. I find even with 2011s I like a little movement. I am more interested in having as little overtravel as possible. Ernest Langdon achieves wonders with his Beretta trigger jobs on that, something I've yet to find on a CZ

I have had shadow 2 for almost 6 weeks bout 2k shot I bought it for IDPA. Trigger same as my shadow aggressive GRIPS not a fan. The back sight isn't as adjustable as the shadow. The safety gave me fits during a match as I kept flipping it on on my draw.??? Not use to the wide safety.

The safety gave me fits during a match as I kept flipping it on on my draw.??? Not use to the wide safety.

Forum member DSPerman sells an extra power safety spring to help with that. DSPerman.com I think. They work well for me, I recommend buying a handful though because they are easy to lose.

CZ Shadow 2 is a different gun. It is not even shipping yet.

At the CZ Custom booth at the USA NRA show yesterday they told me that they did not have an early release sample for me to coon finger and no information on when they would ship. They don't show up in the 2016 CZ-USA catalog, did notice a new to me version of the CZ 75 TS in the catalog that is interesting though.

At the CZ Custom booth at the USA NRA show yesterday they told me that they did not have an early release sample for me to coon finger and no information on when they would ship. They don't show up in the 2016 CZ-USA catalog, did notice a new to me version of the CZ 75 TS in the catalog that is interesting though.

Was it the TS orange or something else?

Was it the TS orange or something else?

Orange.

That's disappointing. I may go ahead and get a 2011

I actually want a little pretravel, especially in cold weather when my fingers get numb. Even on my sniper rifle I like a little take up before my shot breaks. I find even with 2011s I like a little movement. I am more interested in having as little overtravel as possible. Ernest Langdon achieves wonders with his Beretta trigger jobs on that, something I've yet to find on a CZ

Thank you for the perspective slavex. Interesting stuff.

• 1 month later...

Probably the right thread to ask this question.

Anybody know why delivery dates of CZ's to the US are a mystery? Seems like it would be pretty easy for the factory to give reasonable estimates, I mean they have been making guns for a spell and they tend to have about x production rate and about y orders to fill and they need the production and income data anyway for their own cash flow / production planning considerations.

I wonder if the deal is that the US orders are at the bottom of the priority list and they move down as other orders come in?

Edited by IHAVEGAS

I doubt the US is at the bottom of the list, they are the biggest market, but they won't be getting 100% of their initial order I'd think. Probably everyone will get some, then some again and so on and so on.

the production guns are very very nice, I can't tell the difference between them and the ones Robin and Maria are using.

I doubt the US is at the bottom of the list, they are the biggest market, but they won't be getting 100% of their initial order I'd think. Probably everyone will get some, then some again and so on and so on.

I dunno, if that is the case I would still wonder why lead time is such a mystery and rumor net is that availability is better across the big water.