Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Range Report: Factory Bianchi Guns

RippinSVT

Even though there hash't been activity on this thread in a couple months, I would like to jump in on this conversation with a question. I am in the process of moving from Production to Metallic and have also purchased a Targetmaster. I appreciate the load data and experiences that have been shared to this point. The load data are not too dissimilar from what I am currently using in my Production Glock 34 (4.3 gn TG, FC brass, CCI SPP, 115 Zero JHP, 1.15 OAL).

My question is for the folks that have already made the switch to the Targemaster. What magazines have you been using? Tripp? Metalform? Wilson Combat? Other? Have you noticed any issues with particular magazines?

Look forward to your input...

I bought a stack of 10 round Metalforms when Midway had them on special. They are excellent in all my STI 9mm 1911's.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just bought 5 Mec Gar 10rnds magazines for my 6'' 9mm... I only load 6 rnds for PPC and they work fine. loaded to full capacity the first round would not feed. not a problem for PPC.

I have a 8lbs recolspring and a cut on the disconnector rail so the slide won't loose to much momentum to push the disco down. also did some slide lightening to increase speed...

Is here some experience with variable recoilsprings in 6" 9mm 1911 pistols? I think a 10 lbs variable spring would give a bit more feeding reliability (from slidelock)

gr T

Even though there hash't been activity on this thread in a couple months, I would like to jump in on this conversation with a question. I am in the process of moving from Production to Metallic and have also purchased a Targetmaster. I appreciate the load data and experiences that have been shared to this point. The load data are not too dissimilar from what I am currently using in my Production Glock 34 (4.3 gn TG, FC brass, CCI SPP, 115 Zero JHP, 1.15 OAL).

My question is for the folks that have already made the switch to the Targemaster. What magazines have you been using? Tripp? Metalform? Wilson Combat? Other? Have you noticed any issues with particular magazines?

Look forward to your input...

9rd front ramp metalforms are great. I use 9rd 38 super mags and only load 7. They run great. I wouldnt run them with 9rds though.

If you want 10rd mags, the Metalform Elite or Dawson mags are good as well.

I dont use 10rd mags because the basepad wont fit inside Warrens prone pad.

Thanks for the feedback guys. On the Metalforms, are you using the welded or bumper bases. My guess is welded so that the magazine clears the prone pad?

Metalform #: 9-743. Flat follower with ultra mag base........I have a different prone pad that has been opened up to accept the bigger base.

I run the Wilson ETM 9 rounders. They are very similar to the Metal forms with the metal follower. I have a few of the Wilsons with the plastic followers and they can be problematic. I use Dawson base plates. Love my Target Master!

• 2 weeks later...

I run 10 rd. MF mags in my 9mm DW Commander when shooting Steel Challenge SS division. Otherwise I use either DW or Colt 9 rd. mags in IDPA or CCW, as the basepads on the MF10s stick out more than I like for carry.

Edited by photoracer
addition.