Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

stock 2 trigger job

BeckA11416

ok i know this has been covered man times on here but i'm beating a dead horse. i've done all the polishing that i've seen suggested and i'm still not happy with the double action feel. i have the extreme sear, light springs and the titan hammer. single action is smooth but the double action feels unlubricated? it seems to step through the trigger pull (don't really think it's the stacking). I'm at a loss I can't pinpoint where the problem is, it felt like the tips of the trigger bar were lifting up on the bottom of the slide and I really polished them and even removed a little material but the stepping/grittyess is still there. suggestions? my cz is calling me!

Take out the plunger that lifts the trigger bow. Disassemble it and polish ALL of it, including the inside of the hole in the head and yhen polish the hole in the frame. The top of the plunger and the mating slot in the trigger bow should be mirror bright and have no discontinuities. One of mine had a ridge that needed major love to smooth out!

Polish the hole in the frame for the hammer spring.

Assemble and test trigger feel with each component added. You may have missed a polishing point. I polished three times to get to where I was happy, but I go minimalist on polishing and would rather redo thsn overdo.

I agree with that, and I do suggest using some light grease on the plunger, it helps smooth out the movement. I know what you are talking about with the stepping feeling, it may be more of a lubrication issue. I would also shoot it/dry fire it a while, the stepping has gone away for the most part in mine over time.

The one spot a lot of people seem to miss though is the top slanted part of the trigger bar and the mating angled surfaces on the bottom of the sear cage as well as the center part of the sear change, and the pad on the frame where the disconnector slides. All of these surfaces should be smoothed and polished to a mirror finish.

Here is a picture on the web of what I mean by the top slanted part of the trigger bar. You can see the wear marks on it, but in the photo it has not been polished.

054.jpg

That is true too, 10k rounds down the tube makes most guns smooth out pretty nicely, but I like my trigger to feel good from the first round down the tube!

10,000 rounds costs MORE than the gun! Polishing (diy) is basically free and only takes a bit of time. Plus, it shoots much nicer from the get go.