Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question regarding classification before a sanctioned match

TennJeep1618

I want to shoot SSP in my state match in about 3 months. I classified last fall in CCP, but I don't have a current (within 12 months) classification for SSP. Am I correct in reading that I will have to classify in SSP before the state match?

9.2.3 Every shooter in a Sanctioned Match must be classified per 9.2.1 within the previous twelve months (365 days/366 days on Leap years,) in the Division in which he/she is entered. For a Sanctioned match, the Match Director or designee must confirm that every shooter is an IDPA member on match day and has a current Classification on match day in the Division and Classification entered in the match.

Not quite.

This also applies:

9.2.1 Every IDPA member must shoot the Classifier at least once every twelve months, except Master and Distinguished Master class shooters. A Match Performance Promotion in the last twelve months in a Division counts as shooting the IDPA Classifier in that Division. Shooting and completing a Sanctioned IDPA match in the last twelve months (without a DQ or DNF) also counts as shooting a Classifier in the division in which the shooter competed.

So if you completed any sanctioned match in SSP in the last year, you're good to go.

Not quite.

This also applies:

9.2.1 Every IDPA member must shoot the Classifier at least once every twelve months, except Master and Distinguished Master class shooters. A Match Performance Promotion in the last twelve months in a Division counts as shooting the IDPA Classifier in that Division. Shooting and completing a Sanctioned IDPA match in the last twelve months (without a DQ or DNF) also counts as shooting a Classifier in the division in which the shooter competed.

So if you completed any sanctioned match in SSP in the last year, you're good to go.

This will be my first sanctioned match, so unfortunately that doesn't apply.

Not quite.

This also applies:

This will be my first sanctioned match, so unfortunately that doesn't apply.

Then get thee to a Classifier!

• 1 year later...

With the new 2017 rules, has it changed to where if you classify in CCP you could shoot a sanctioned match in SSP?  The match admin guide still says you need a current classification in your division, but the rulebook says your semi auto classification applies to all semi auto divisions.