Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lone star innovation comp

limited shtr

I've been testing a ti and steel comps on open guns for several months. I've tested these comps on Akai , ck arms, freedom gun works, mc learn,bedell,svi and several others . My test was for a soft "flatter" shooting gun. The guys I let test this for me were men with arthritis and other hand problems as a hard hitting recoil gun is felt by these guys easier as it starts to hurt hands quickly. My findings are as follows I was able to use these on 9 major and 38 super comp and different Barrel port configurations. These worked better on all the guns with the exception of the Akai v8 porting .Some of the manufactures above had a 10% - 30% reduction in felt recoil, as well as a smother shooting gun with less dot movement . We tested these with the factory comp then replaced it with a lonestar comp. I don't shoot for lonestar or have any affiliation with them other than I bought some of their comps to try . I was able to test these comps against all other commercial comps on the market this is what everyone chose as a better comp. If you like tinkering with your guns buy one of these comps, you won't be dissapointed. As with all open guns we tested, and there were lots,the supercomp is softer with more gas to work the systems, but there were some 9major that worked very well .

There are a few design elements incorporated into this comp that make it very effective. One of my local friends (Ub3RDoRK on this forum) had Glenn's comp installed on his Trubor and I was extremely impressed. It was the first 9 I have shot that performed as well as (in terms of dot movement and felt recoil impulse- to my perception at least) a 38 SC. I was extremely skeptical about liking a 9 major gun, but this one is flat and "soft" with HS6.

I am going to be using the titanium LSI Super comp on my upcoming mid-length Open build for sure!

It is difficult to see on the pics in his vendor forum. The vertical baffles have a slight rearward cant. I don't know the angle. The side ports are also directed slightly backward.

I've got one of his previous generation Ti comps on a non-ported hybrid 9 barrel and one of his newer generation Trubor barrels in 38SC with three small popples. In a few months I'll have another gun with the latest and greatest in 38SC Trubor goodness (may have him do a 9 barrel too for grins). I'm a believer - these are much nicer in the hand and in dot management than others I've shot in the past.

• 6 months later...
5 hours ago, JimmyN9 said:

Two quick questions: LSI online store not up.  Do they make the comp for sale still and can you get it in steel?  Thanks

You can look  Lone Star Innovations website and get Glenns phone number off of there. Call him and he can sell you a steel or titanium comp over the phone. I bought one of his titanium comps for my open gun I'm building. 

5 hours ago, JimmyN9 said:

Two quick questions: LSI online store not up.  Do they make the comp for sale still and can you get it in steel?  Thanks

You can look  Lone Star Innovations website and get Glenns phone number off of there. Call him and he can sell you a steel or titanium comp over the phone. I bought one of his titanium comps for my open gun I'm building. 

24 minutes ago, bjones6686 said:

Thanks will hit him up in Monday