Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Competition P320

zen_grasshopper

34 minutes ago, JAFO said:

I wonder if the extended basepads will have to come off the magazines as well.

The magazines are actually 140mm tubes so the base pads have a built in sleeve versus extending the length. 

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Will the gun fit in the production box with the provided 140 magazines? And I guess mag well removed...

I can measure my 320 with my springer extension, this afternoon, to get a guess. I would doubt that it would though, probably have to use 17 round mags. I know my 226 wont fit the box with those mecgar +2 extensions

Daniel K

That would be pretty annoying that after including 4 of the extended mags with the gun, you would have to go out and buy all new mags just to shoot Production... Its like they are more marketing the gun as a limited minor, or 3-Gun pistol.

3.9" and no adjustable rear sight.  No thanks.  Eli I agree, i have 17 round mags, so if/when I get the X5, I'd possibly sell the mags that came with it.  I havent shot 3 gun since i started uspsa, and limited minor is of little interest to anyone.  They should make it come with 17 round mags and springer base pads from the factory, that'd be better for uspsa shooters.  But like all other guns, the majority of consumers will probably be Tactical Timmies

22 hours ago, alma said:

The magazines are actually 140mm tubes so the base pads have a built in sleeve versus extending the length. 

Maybe they will offer the gun with 4 standard 17-rd mags as an option.  If it's to be used for Production or CO (after approval), the magwell can come off, but the mags will still be too long.  :(

I don't think CO has a size restriction, and it has a 141.25 mm mag length max, at least from my web search results. Maybe not current.

One of the few advantages of old eyes.

CO appendix

Strange to hobble it for Prod though. Maybe they know about a forthcoming rule change that we don't.

Edited by gavagai

1 hour ago, gavagai said:

I don't think CO has a size restriction, and it has a 141.25 mm mag length max, at least from my web search results. Maybe not current.

One of the few advantages of old eyes.

CO appendix

Strange to hobble it for Prod though. Maybe they know about a forthcoming rule change that we don't.

You're right.  I was thinking max gun size was one of the Production limitations imposed on CO, but it's not.

Just got hands on the P320 X5 and it's awesome.  It's definitely a modular hybrid.  Would make an awesome 3gun pistol with the magwell and Romeo1 and a pretty bada$$ upgrade to the P320 for USPSA production or in 40 for limited. 

8 hours ago, DKnoch said:

3.9" and no adjustable rear sight.  No thanks.  Eli I agree, i have 17 round mags, so if/when I get the X5, I'd possibly sell the mags that came with it.  I havent shot 3 gun since i started uspsa, and limited minor is of little interest to anyone.  They should make it come with 17 round mags and springer base pads from the factory, that'd be better for uspsa shooters.  But like all other guns, the majority of consumers will probably be Tactical Timmies

It's a carry gun, or maybe you didn't hear him.  Most carry guns have fixed sights that I've seen.  I'm pretty sure there is a thread on here about the competition model that has higher capacity mags.....

It's a carry gun, or maybe you didn't hear him.  Most carry guns have fixed sights that I've seen.  I'm pretty sure there is a thread on here about the competition model that has higher capacity mags.....

This is the competition 320 thread. Read the title

Daniel K

I'm pretty sure there is a thread on here about the competition model that has higher capacity mags.....

Yes, that is this thread. And I watched the video, that's how i learned the specs of the X5 carry. It sounds like a great gun and all, but this thread is titled and the content is about the competition 320

Daniel K

Anyone know if there are going to be multiple X grip sizes, or is it one size fits all?

I'm assuming your referring to the grip width I.E. small, medium, large. I believe I remember reading something about removable grip panels with different texturing so maybe you'd be able to swap the included grip panels for larger or smaller ones to give you that just right feel.

30 minutes ago, bandw1dth said:

I'm assuming your referring to the grip width I.E. small, medium, large. I believe I remember reading something about removable grip panels with different texturing so maybe you'd be able to swap the included grip panels for larger or smaller ones to give you that just right feel.

From what ive seen in videos and pictures it looks like they took that feature out.  The grip appears to be a one size fits all scheme as it currently stands.

8 hours ago, gavagai said:

Anyone know if there are going to be multiple X grip sizes, or is it one size fits all?

Phil mentioned that he has a small X grip module designed already. No hint as to when that might be available. 

1 hour ago, alma said:

Phil mentioned that he has a small X grip module designed already. No hint as to when that might be available. 

I hope they do. I guess they would be more expensive than regular 320 grip modules, both for manufacturing and also marketing reasons, but I personally wouldn't quibble over that considering the flexibility they would offer. Thanks for the tip.