Competition P320

zen_grasshopper

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is that a proto-type? I thought they were coming with replaceable sight plates like we saw at NRA 2016.

I think you're thinking of the 320 RX. That's already been released, it just hard to find right now. I believe cabelas carries them though

Daniel K

It really sounds like Sig is going all out on this thing. I can't wait.

Yeah, no kidding. As much as I like the P320F I shoot, it sounds like the Target's fixed every little thing I didn't like (aside from maybe the rear sight...)

Several sight options should be available. That's the beauty of having that adapter plate.

Another fun fact: if you look at the adapter plate you can see that it's angled on the sides. It looks to be dovetailed in like a standard rear sight would be.

The Romeo1 itself is also dovetailed so you actually install it from the side like a standard rear sight, and then use the set screws to keep it from drifting back out.

No I'm talking about this...

Look at the images. You can clearly see the plate in the videos image and all the photos form NRA 2016. The Instagram photo alma linked has no plate. One of the biggest selling point for me is being able to swap between irons and red dot just by changing plates.

• 5 weeks later...

Haha agreed. I understand they want a perfect gun, but why announce it, if it was so far away from being completed. The more i shoot uspsa, the more irritated i get with the lack of aftermarket parts for sigs and the lack of good competition guns they have, unless you want to spend around 1,500 X5. Legions seem nice, but no adjustable sights, basepads, etc, so you would be at around 1,500 to get that how you wanted it. I had to go to Springer to get an insert made just so i could use basepads on my 226. Im looking into the walther q5 match, but not much real world experience with it that i can find. Or i may try a cz/tanfo soon

Daniel K

10 hours ago, alma said:

I don't have any updates except that I just made my own target-ish grip for my Carry Optics setup. Wish I had something else more significant to share. 

z9lztCnh.jpg

Alma, I think you could bring to market an "x-change" kit for a "target" model before SIG could... lol

• 2 weeks later...

Marketing department says, "Oh, you have an idea? Build me one, and I'll show it to everyone, everywhere!!"

Engineering says, "Please don't show anyone until we figure out how we're going to make it, but here is a working prototype."

Marketing department posts pictures, description, and takes it to trade shows.  "Hey Engineering, they want it NOW, when will it be ready?"

Engineering "Sigh."

1 hour ago, dbgeek said:

Marketing department says, "Oh, you have an idea? Build me one, and I'll show it to everyone, everywhere!!"

Engineering says, "Please don't show anyone until we figure out how we're going to make it, but here is a working prototype."

Marketing department posts pictures, description, and takes it to trade shows.  "Hey Engineering, they want it NOW, when will it be ready?"

Engineering "Sigh."

That is probably all to accurate of an assumption, lol! B)

1 hour ago, dbgeek said:

Engineering "Sigh."

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2016 at 7:24 AM, dbgeek said:

Engineering "Sigh."

spot on... 

"Oh by the way we also told people they would be able to convert their current p320's so make sure you make it do that as well...."

Being a huge Sig fan I always go to their booth first at SHOT Show and it's not the first time I have seen a gun that didn't come out for a long time. 

Keep rocking Alma! I thought a P320 trigger kit was coming out in July but it vaporized. I know Bruce and GGI is moving to a larger location. I hope to see you guys in Vegas for the 2017 SHOT. 

So, Team Sig is disbanded (Tim Herron's Facebook post, web site gone). No sign of Target 320 to date. Anyone else get a bad vibe here?

I might be switching to Springfield Saint for my hype hit soon.

Edited by gavagai