Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 International Revolver Championship. (Frostproof FL.)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Never has been a lost brass match. How much effort do you want to put into getting your brass back?

I have never been to a major match that does not allow me to pickup my moons. (They are connected to my brass so I also get my brass back)

I have also never been to a major match that requires me to remove my brass from my moons after picking them up.

I'm thinking about maybe shooting classic this year at IRC,depends on how well I can get that reload down. But shooting classic, at the irc I wouldn't be bothered picking and chasing brass. Factor in the extra 25 dollars in brass to the total cost of the match.

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the other guys from IN are camping out on squad Dirty30 if you want to shoot with us and they'll let you move, just an FYI.

Just swapped over to Dirty30, it'll be nice to finally meet some of the crew from southern IN.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have some pretty basic questions for anyone who has shot the IRC before, I've never been to anything above club level.  

How many rounds would you recommend bringing?  I was going to ship 400-500 and bring extra on the plane.  I know people say they hardly ever check the cartridge weight limit but I'd rather ship most of it down.

Is there a sight in range or practice area to check function before the match?  

8 minutes ago, Alaskan454 said:

I have some pretty basic questions for anyone who has shot the IRC before, I've never been to anything above club level.  

How many rounds would you recommend bringing?  I was going to ship 400-500 and bring extra on the plane.  I know people say they hardly ever check the cartridge weight limit but I'd rather ship most of it down.

Is there a sight in range or practice area to check function before the match?  

I have done the last 5 or 6.   If I recall correctly the match has pretty consistently been 330ish rounds total.   This year its at a totally different venue with a totally different MD, so not sure what Shannon has in mind but would expect it to be in that vicinity.

In the past, that match has been run as thursday classifier match, then main match fri-sat and a shoot off on sunday.   The other ranges that have hosted had site in ranges available as well.   I had 700 rounds with me and never had more than 100 home on the trip home.

According to the website, http://www.universalshootingacademy.com/matches/2016-international-revolver-championship/

looks like classifier match is on, not shoot off though and not known whether there is a site in range or not.

For those attending the IRC please be aware that your membership must be current.  there is a renewal link on the ICORE website. as well as a online Join ICORE Link.

David

• 3 weeks later...

If you mention Universal Shooting Academy the HI Express in Lake Wales will give you their 'best' rate. 

Green Gables in Lake Wales is an option if your budget is tight. It's clean but no frills. 

Sight in / Warm Up range will be available. 

Stages will be posted to our website by the 17th. I expect the round count around 350 as mentioned. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, dirtysanchez said:

Shannon, will I be able to purchase some 38 SPL at the range, or close by?  Preferably Federal?  I would need 100 or so for the classifier stages, I can usually bring enough for the match.  (airlines....)

Dale

We do not carry that caliber at the range. I would recommend walmart (anywhere), Bass Pro/Cabellas (Orlando, Tampa), or Rural King (Lake Wales). 

Finished the USPSA Nationals (in a hurricane no less). Focusing on Monster and IRC now. Will have many updates on web and fb this week. Stages to post first of next week. Have most ideas in my head, just need to get them on paper. Hope to have some cool stages you will enjoy.