Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 International Revolver Championship. (Frostproof FL.)

Posted on FB.

NEWS RELEASE:
UNIVERSAL SHOOTING ACADEMY TO HOST 2016 IRC
Los Osos, CA, January 17, 2016 – The International Confederation of Revolver Enthusiasts (ICORE) is proud to announce Universal Shooting Academy (USA), Frostproof, FL, as the host for the 2016 International Revolver Championship (IRC) under the direction of Shannon Smith, a professional at the top of the competitive action pistol world.
The championship is scheduled for November 3-6, 2016, and moves to the east side of the United States for the first time, bringing a fresh spin to an historical event. ICORE is excited for its east coast members who will have an opportunity to follow in the footsteps of fellow west coast revolver shooters and travel to their first IRC! Shooters will compete in one of four revolver divisions from Classic to Limited to Open. Limited 6, a fourth ICORE division just added this year, will be an option for those shooters who want to compete with their 6-shot moon clip guns that were once the meat of ICORE’s Limited Division.
The IRC is the marquee match on ICORE’s competition calendar and showcases top revolver shooters from around the world. Stillwater Firearms Association of Fallon, NV, hosted the 2015 IRC, which was generously supported by premier sponsors Apex Tactical Specialties and Hogue, Inc., both with owners or managers who have been avid revolver competitors and regular faces at past IRCs held in San Luis Obispo, CA.
This year’s IRC will close ICORE’s Regional championships, which encompass a match series from seven geographical regions in the United States plus Australia. Florida, home to four of the eleven ICORE clubs that comprise the Southern Region, has been the fastest growing state in terms of new members to the sport of competitive revolver shooting.
Frank Garcia founded Universal Shooting Academy in 1986 and thanked ICORE for giving USA the opportunity to host the match as the IRC celebrates its 25th year. Frank and Shannon host major national and world handgun events throughout the year at the world-known facility. Not only does Shannon serve as an instructor, but he is responsible for coordinating and producing all of these competition events at USA.
ICORE welcomes new 2016 club affiliates from Canada, Sweden, and South Africa, and, in conjunction with Universal Shooting Academy, invites independent revolver shooters everywhere and shooters from all of its other member clubs in the United States, Canada, Australia, and Europe, to IRC 2016 and all of the attractions central Florida offers!
Connect with Universal Shooting Academy on Facebook and universalshootingacademy.com. Connect with ICORE on Facebook and icore.org.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the feathers have been ruffled. I should have just passed this thread by and not replied

No feathers ruffled and good call on the place for the IRC. Rumors had been out for awhile that Frostproof was the place and the rumors came true. Hope to see you there.

In case anyone's interested, two nearby hotels (Lake Wales) are the Holiday Inn Express and the Hampton. There's a mall across the street with dining, movie theater, and shopping. Both are within 20 minutes driving time to the range. USPSA Handgun National RO's were billeted at the Holiday Inn Express and I can confirm it is a good place to stay. BTW I'm not affiated with either one. There is also a Green Gables down the road with a great steak house on site. Older, but still a clean place.

I see the feathers have been ruffled. I should have just passed this thread by and not replied

No feathers ruffled and good call on the place for the IRC. Rumors had been out for awhile that Frostproof was the place and the rumors came true. Hope to see you there.

Well not your feathers ruffled, maybe Dave S. I would never have posted if my info was sketchy. I also have info on the Southern Regional but will reserve from posting about date and location. So much for myself spreading rumors :yawn::surprise:

This may be my chance to finally shoot the IRC. I know some people may be upset about it being moved to FL, but there are some of us who wouldn't have a chance to shoot it otherwise. I hope this doesn't keep a lot of the great guys here from shooting it, I'd like to be able to put some faces on the usernames around here.

Fly Allegiant into Sanford--flights are cheap and that airport is way smaller and easier than Orlando. Stay in Lake Wales or Sebring. Great seafood in that area. Cliff, Sam and I went on an airboat ride out in the swamp a couple years ago, saw gators and other wildlife.

I am also planning on going, depending on my situation at the time. The trip appears to be a 19 hour jount, and as much as I hate flying I may go that route. Hopefully they:) have me off "the no fly list" by that time. It involves wearing overalls with a lot of metal buttons giving the inspectors a hard time.... :).

How many stages? Any word on prize table and who will be Ro'ing?

I am sure there are some ICORE board members lurking.

Jason

I think 10 stages? Somewhere in there, anyway.

Prize table will be equivalent to previous IRCs. Universal Shooting Academy will be staffing the match--those interested in working should contact them.

• 2 months later...