Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Epoxy / Glue for AR Handguards?

Religious Shooter

Looking for an epoxy or glue to attach my Clark CF HG to the aluminum nut that it comes with and my HG that I pulled from an Alexander Arms built upper. The nut on that latter looks like it is plastic.

For use in 3gun. So it needs to be able to take the heat generated from 3G shooting. I also want the bond to be relatively easily broken with a strap wrench when it comes time to change out the barrel.

What have you guys actually used and/or recommend?

Looking for specific brands and "model" # of the product.

Not really looking for any other attachment methods.

Thanks.

I have used this for that exact application and it has worked well

Devcon S 31 2 Ton Epoxy

How much did you apply? Did you just put a bead or two on the nut? Or did you cover the entire nut with it? Or?

Don't want to put too much to where I can't break it. Don't want to put too little to where it comes loose.

Thanks.

Devcon S 31 2 Ton Epoxy

How much did you apply? Did you just put a bead or two on the nut? Or did you cover the entire nut with it? Or?

Don't want to put too much to where I can't break it. Don't want to put too little to where it comes loose.

Thanks.

I coated the whole nut, and I highly doubt it would ever come loose, but that's what I was shooting for

Devcon S 31 2 Ton Epoxy

Thanks.

I coated the whole nut, and I highly doubt it would ever come loose, but that's what I was shooting for

Now that it's attached with Devcon 2 ton epoxy, what's your technique for removing the nut (when you change barrels, handguards, etc.)?

My FF handgard attaches to the barrelnut using Loctite 609. Here is their info on the product

http://www.loctite.com.au/3320_AUE_HTML.htm?nodeid=8802648195073

My handguard is not CF. it has a couple of "clamping screws". But when I loosened those screws I still had to "break it loose"

Edited by mitommy