Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any Tutorials on Upgrading an SP01?

Reverendpdp

I'm about to add a new hammer, hammer spring, firing pin, trigger and short reset to my CZ75 SP01 (Manual Safety). I purchased the parts from CGW and CZC. While I've worked a little on my 1911, I've never "operated" on a CZ platform. So I'm a little anxious about the project. Still I'm anxious to learn and delve into this, and feel that with the proper guidance, I can pull it off. Worse case scenario is I take it to my local smith to reassemble. Can you recommend some very clear, preferably step-by-step vids that will help me through this process? I've looked at a few on Youtube vids. Some fly through the steps, others have poor lighting, etc.

There's a guy in youtube, his name is abyss something or other...he's got good videos. I'm not sure if he does the manual safety version, but I know he does the decocker. A lot of it is the same as the safety version though...same with the shadows.

The Atlas thread is great.

Also this one:

http://www.olegnikitin.com/news/complete-disassembly-assembly-of-cz-75-sp-01-shadow

There's a guy in youtube, his name is abyss something or other...he's got good videos. I'm not sure if he does the manual safety version, but I know he does the decocker. A lot of it is the same as the safety version though...same with the shadows.

The Atlas thread is great.

Also this one:

http://www.olegnikitin.com/news/complete-disassembly-assembly-of-cz-75-sp-01-shadow

X2 - exactly the same guy I used to get familiar with the guts when I first got into CZ's.

• 11 months later...