Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite primer tube filling tool... ?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like most of the loaders on this site are certainly willing to use the best equipment they can afford to complete a task.

I have used a VP for loading primer tubes since the first week I got my 650 installed (about 1.5 years) I used the peck method ONCE and determined there had to be another way.

Enter the VP, been using it ever since.

Saw video of PAL in action and here is what I came away with.

PRO:

1. Excellent if not outstanding quality construction. Will last a life time.

2. Improved design to funnel the primers to the pickup tube.

3. Designed to be used with standard primer tubes, no special 'Fit and Twist' tubes needed.

CON:

1. Price- listed in the US at $225 vs VP at $49.95.

If the price were more like $125 or $150, it would be much more attractive. Otherwise I stick with the VP.

Plus I would have to get PMD to make that fabulous stand available!

"Designed to be used with standard primer tubes, no special 'Fit and Twist' tubes needed"

You simply take that fit and twist tube out of the VP and shove a Dillon tube in there works awesome

Yeah this. I started doing it last session and saves a bit of time.

I think I want to upgrade to an RF100 though. Loading up 10 tubes at once is still a chore.

"Designed to be used with standard primer tubes, no special 'Fit and Twist' tubes needed"

You simply take that fit and twist tube out of the VP and shove a Dillon tube in there works awesome

After seeing this posted in another thread, I tried it, and now go directly to the Dillon tubes.

You do have to get the 'Feel' to know it is centered,

My vibra prime runs about 95% with some primers getting jammed up with nearly every 100. It's a lot better than pecking, but still needs a little work.

I'm going to have to try a PAL in hopes of smoothing out the operation. When I sit down to load ammo, that's what I want to do, not curse the VP.

Have two Pal Fillers never have flipped primers. The RF-100 is a book end, never worked .

I would be glad to take that bookend off your hands, with intentions of using it for what it was designed...and I am serious. Pm me.

jj

• 3 weeks later...

PAL Filler is awesome! Hand crafted in Italy out of solid block of aluminum. Open division primer tube filler. :)

That one looks nice but they are really proud of it.

When CNC machining is involved it's not going to be cheap. Umberto should be proud of it. It's an awesome piece of equipment.

I picked up a Vibra Prime a while back. It works decent. Its a lot easier and faster than loading tubes by hand. I occasionally have a primer jam in there...usually Federal small pistol primers, but nothing bad.

Edited by LM2032

Just took your ideas to heart. Sprung the bucks at Midway.com and ordered the Vibra Prime. BTW, they're on sale for $39.95 right now. But they are still putting one of their kids through school with their shipping.

RF100 is key to volume reloading sessions.

~g

I spend more time keeping the rf 100 running then if I just loaded the tubes by hand.

+1 for that. Never saw the RF100 run more the 1 box of primers with out some problem. Up side down primers is the normal, and bunched up at the loading hole another.

• 3 weeks later...

I had contacted Umberto via Facebook, and ordered my PalFiller directly from him - he accepts PayPal and ships via international FedEx - IIRC, total was $195 and I had it in 3 days.

I had contacted Umberto via Facebook, and ordered my PalFiller directly from him - he accepts PayPal and ships via international FedEx - IIRC, total was $195 and I had it in 3 days.

And Umberto is a wonderful person. I still talk with him on FB after doing a group buy direct years ago.

Does no one use the hornady 1911 shaped one? I use the fa one and its been awesome for me. No modding. It worked out of the box. Dumps 100 primers in about 10 seconds or less. No flipped ones or jams. The caveat being I only load small pistol and small rifle primers and basically only federal.

Just an FYI.

For those looking Mark7 has the Pal Filler in stock..

http://www.markvii-loading.com/PAL-Primer-Filler_p_49.html

Called Mark VII to order a PAL primer tube filling tool.

Said they only took orders over the internet website. Refused to sell one over the phone or by any other means.

A first for me.

Edited by Hammer1

Just an FYI.

For those looking Mark7 has the Pal Filler in stock..

http://www.markvii-loading.com/PAL-Primer-Filler_p_49.html

Called Mark VII to order a PAL primer tube filling tool.

Said they only took orders over the internet website. Refused to sell one over the phone or by any other means.

A first for me.

Perhaps he prefers the paper trail, albeit electronic, the web provides? When working, email was my preferred form of contact as it left no doubt as to what was said and what wasn't, and that element was quite useful at times.