Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite primer tube filling tool... ?

I looked at all the options mentioned above and wound up just buying more primer tubes... fill them while watching tv or when I have nothing better to do. Just couldn't justify the costs of the pal or rf100 and the vibraprime seems to be hit or miss...

(Quoted From another member but sums up the VP perfectly)

Based on some of the horror stories of the VP, on MUSA, it seems as though you might get a bad egg. I didn't have to tweak it at all. In another words I just took it out of the packaging and started using it--I just had to get the hang of it and largely is it realizing that the faster you try to rush it, the more likely you'll end up jamming it up. If it doesn't fit well period, or is DOA, I'd say you have a bad one. Amazon has a superb return policy if it's bad, they pay for you to send it back, and they cross ship a new one out to you, though don't assume it's bad if it's not perfect from the start.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the did vibrate prime, I saw my buddies and it worked perfectly. Mine I messed w for an hour and couldn't get to work right. Primers would hang in the hole in the tray, try flipping etc. I tried to fix it various ways and finally got the flip tray out. I'd send it back but now that I messed w it don't think I could. Just trash it.

I don't like wasting money, I'm completely willing though to spend on a good product that is not going to waste my time. I'll look at this PAL thing

Red

RF100 is key to volume reloading sessions.

~g

I spend more time keeping the rf 100 running then if I just loaded the tubes by hand.

You're doing it wrong then.

Haven't had a single issue with mine, doing 4 thousand rounds a month or so. At first I wasn't so sure it was worth the money, I'm now a believer. I simply take a loaded tube, drop it into my press, place it back in its proper place, dump a tray of primers in, press the power button and return when I've loaded 100 rounds. Rinse and repeat!

~g

RF100

It's expensive and might take a little time to get it set up, but once that's done you're golden. The biggest advantage of the RF100 over the vibraprime and PAL is it's hands free. You dump the primers in the tray, push a button and go back to loading while it runs. By the time you have to stop to add primers to your press it's done. You add the primers to your press, dump another box in the RF100 tray, push the button and go back to loading. Awesome system.

So you folks that are using the RF100...

Are experiencing many flipped primers?

I had an RF100 that had a rheostat dimmer and I was getting 1 to 2 flipped primers per 100-200 primers.

I also currently have an Ammo-Load primer filler with a built in speed adjustment and still get flipped primers.

I typically use only Winchester and federal small primers.

To avoid the flipped primers I went to the PAL.

Edited by pmd

Like any machine, the RF100 can have issues. I had to send one back for adjustment. And even now, one of them loves the CCI, the other prefers the Winchester.

On the "correct" machine I get close to zero flipped primers.

I love my Dillon RF100 most of the time, but the old Lee hand primer I converted into a tube filler is waaay faster. But you need to sit there with the tube against a tumbler that's running to get it work. Whereas the DIllon fills the tube while I'm gauging ammo that's coming off the press. Since it loads the tubes faster than the Mark VII can pump out ammo, it's all good.

Another vote for the Pal-Filler - I've had mine for about a month now and it is has handled WLP, WSR, Remington 6-1/2's and CCI 550's without any issues whatsoever.

Edited by Steve_53