Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hand chalk/grip lotions

e5young

So does Ben Stoeger, but he also uses this stuff to enhance his performance.  Took a class from him this year and he goes through this stuff like candy.  It works well.  I bought it for my 12 year old daughter that struggles with a firm grip especially when it is hot outside.  

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I normally use pro grip and it is a night and day difference. Once my grip is set it is locked in there. I recently ordered Grip RX instead because it was available on amazon prime and it is exactly the same stuff only in a different bottle.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ben Stoeger used this stuff when he was down here teaching a class in the wonderfully warm, humid South.

http://www.midwestsports.com/prince-grip-plus-grip-enhancer/p/3132015/

It's cheap and it works as well for shooting as it does for the tennis players. I bought two bottles after the class, I'm still on the first one.

This stuff is the best I have tried.  And I have tried it all.  I used to be pretty serious into rock climbing in my younger days and wish I knew about this stuff.  

https://www.amazon.com/Hands-All-Sport-Grip-Enhancing-Topical-Lotion/dp/B00476MDU8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1476735993&sr=8-2&keywords=dry+hands

20 hours ago, CrashDodson said:

This stuff is the best I have tried.  And I have tried it all.  I used to be pretty serious into rock climbing in my younger days and wish I knew about this stuff.  

https://www.amazon.com/Hands-All-Sport-Grip-Enhancing-Topical-Lotion/dp/B00476MDU8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1476735993&sr=8-2&keywords=dry+hands

I find this product hilarious on Amazon.  Apparently it is a pole dancers best friend.  The related products section cracks me up.

On 10/17/2016 at 4:29 PM, CrashDodson said:

This stuff works great. I think it is better than pro grip because it also acts as an antiperspirant. 

• 6 months later...
50 minutes ago, tdp88 said:

Would you use this in addition to grip tape/ stipple, or would I need both on a stock glock?

I use aggressively stippled glocks, and then use progrip when it's hot and humid.  Both are important.

Just now, CharlieD said:

I use aggressively stippled glocks, and then use progrip when it's hot and humid.  Both are important.

I guess I'll have to order some next time I'm put in an order.

• 1 month later...

Rasen helps me when shooting my autos but surprisingly I shoot with smooth grips for my revolvers.  When I draw I can slip my hand to a perfect grip on the revolver.  With the auto I mount the gun differently and never have to more my grips. 

I have been trying an elastic tape on the back of my strong hand, it has a rough weave and my weak hand gets a good grip without putting any grip lotion on.  Works well but is a pain to get on, it doesn't tear easily so you have to use scissors.  my strong hand doesnt seem to slip, even in really hot weather.  I juat use a little climbers chalk at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty new shooter, and just wanted to share that doing LOTs of dry fire w/o progrip, and then shooting live with progrip isn't optimal.

I've decided to use progrip when dryfiring as well as live fire - something Stoeger said in one of his books but which I thought wasn't necessary... I no longer think that.

I sweat like a fat guy at a buffet even at 75 degrees and no humidity, so it's Prince Grip Enhancing Lotion for me.  I'll have to re apply every hour or so if the heat / humidity is extreme.  It doesn't matter if it's a stock gun, stippled gun or a grip taped gun, it helps me.  I'm sold on this stuff.  I wish I would of know about it earlier in my pole dancing career.....:)

Edited by Polaris13

Pro-Grip is amazing.  We have it in our gyms, and I have a bottle for shooting. 

A little more more than a pee size dab on the hands, and you are good for a stage