Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 FN 3 Gun Championship

Staff applications are now available for the 2016 FN 3 Gun Championship. Staff will shoot on August 30th and 31st, and work on September 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. This is a great match to work. If you're interested email me at hkbrt@verizon.net and I'll email you the staff application. Contact me if you have any questions.

I don't know when competitor applications will be available, but typically we start accepting them April 1st.

Howard C. Thompson

Range Master

2016 FN 3 Gun Championship

Edited by Howard762

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave Sevigny is the guy from FN in charge of this match. Technically, I guess he's the Match Director and I am the Range Master, although I'll do some of each. Linda is back to do registration and stats. Titles aren't as important as getting it done right. If you paid attention over the last few years you could tell it was always kind of nebulous exactly who wore what hat, but we all worked to make the match run smoothly and fairly. AJ Williams is our QM again and I expect most of our staff to return again this year. I'm happy to have already heard from tons of them. I think they're the best in the business.

For the most part we are just going to follow the path that Larry and I blazed over the last 5 years. I'm confident that the quality of the match will be on par with it's reputation. I'm sure it will have the same half day format and scheduling as year's past. Although since we always shoot 4 stages Thursday afternoon we may just schedule it that way from the start, which will ease confusion. We're looking at 10 stages again. That worked out well last year. The entry fee is going from $295 to an even $300.

I had no idea Ken was no longer with FN. Larry has moved on to bigger and better things. I'm sure both of them will excel wherever they end up, and continue to do great things for the shooting sports. They are both great guys, and were a pleasure to work with. Both of them were integral to getting this match started, but the show must go on, and it will.

Staff application going in the mail today for stormbringer and myself - bummed we missed out last year but couldn't swing it with going to Italy for the IPSC shotgun championships.

Looking forward to attending one of the best 3 gun matches again!!

lonedrone

This is where I got my speeding ticket. I don't know Howard, maybe I just drive my Caterpillar this year. Wasn't happy about the boat stage set up last year. I hope it is an excellent match. Dave is one of the best in the business. You too Howard. Jesse, where do you get this information about Ken Pfau. Does Oklahoma even have cell phones? Great match, great venue. DVC

Iggy 42 - I would think previous shooters will have an advantage. Linda is in charge and once she gets something in her system that works she sticks with it.

Nickoli - Generally we start registration for non-staff on April 1.

Jadeslade - You got the only speeding ticket we've ever issued. We're actually very lenient. I didn't like that boat stage either. That was all Larry. I would expect very little of that kind of stuff this year.

• 1 month later...

Howard,

Is there anyway we could not do registration on the first day of SMM3G? Will make it very difficult for those of us shooting that match.

JD

There is no time that is great for everyone. This is our traditional date & has been posted for months on the website.

1. The application will be less than 20 questions online. Over half the questions are 'pick from a list,' so it is really quick to complete. Depending on break times and mobile access, you could probably complete the application at the range on a smart phone.

2. There will be 48 hours for previous competitors to apply, before it is open to first time competitors. When you are done shooting for the day - fill out the application (can be filled out from any smart phone or hotel computer).

3. If you prefer, you can have someone else (spouse, relatives or close friends) fill it out, as long as they know your mailing address and email address. You will have the link to the application 14 days in advance & 14 days after you apply to get the payment in the mail. No payment required to complete the actual application. No squadding until late June. So get someone else to complete it for you.

4. Hardship cases (deployed military personnel who are out of the country, people undergoing surgery, etc) please contact me individually after March 15 at LChico@sc.rr.com

Linda Chico