Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 FN 3 Gun Championship

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was the best FN match I have shot. The courses were all good and had there own challenges. I will say that I didn't like having to shoot 5 stages the first day. We were rushed by the staff to get though. I understand the reasoning, but we were done by 3pm on Saturday and had nothing to do for 4-5 hour. It would have been better for the competitors shooting Saturday afternoon to just have 3 stages. In the end I enjoyed the match. Thanks

The reason for 5 stages on one day was so that the stages could be torn down on Saturday and the staff didn't have to go back on Sunday. This also gave staff time to get back and get ready for the banquet. Most of the staff arrived the Saturday the week before to set up the match. They went at the pace the competitors wanted to shoot. 

As usual great staff and great stages, but I really wish we didn't do the 5/3/2 thing. Day one felt rushed, day 3 seemed out of sync. Also, it would be really nice if we didn't start shooting long range stages at 7am when the targets are not visible, we were done with that rotation by 10:40, it would have been nice to have started an hour later.

Well, This was my 5th FN USA 3gun Championship and it was done very well. My son and I shot 4 stages first day, 4 second and 2 on Saturday and everything was good. I was the only one on my squad to get rained on Monday but it was all good and funny.  This is still the best shooting match that i know of with the format and how they treat the shooters, with a lot of respect and RO's really want the stages to go well for all shooters.  Just wish i would have shot couple of stages better myself but hopefully we have next year. 

To all the complainers, You didnt have to do any setup so i dont  understand the issue of shooting 5 stages in a  day. Usual 3gun match you shoot 5-7 stages in a day. Also you didnt have to do any resetting at all you could have rested on your laurels the whole time and just used you 180 seconds of shooting really wore you out.  Imagine if you had to reset for all the stages then come complain.  My son and I shot the USPSA Area 8 Championship on Sunday with 14 stages and that was harder that the 3 days at FN. 

Howard and staff did a fantastic Job and i appreciate all the time they put in for the planning and running it for  this year.  

Bruce  C

Edited by Bam Bam

13 minutes ago, Bam Bam said:

Well, This was my 5th FN USA 3gun Championship and it was done very well. My son and I shot 4 stages first day, 4 second and 2 on Saturday and everything was good. I was the only one on my squad to get rained on Monday but it was all good and funny.  This is still the best shooting match that i know of with the format and how they treat the shooters, with a lot of respect and RO's really want the stages to go well for all shooters.  Just wish i would have shot couple of stages better myself but hopefully we have next year. 

To all the complainers, You didnt have to do any setup so i dont  understand the issue of shooting 5 stages in a  day. Usual 3gun match you shoot 5-7 stages in a day. Also you didnt have to do any resetting at all you could have rested on your laurels the whole time and just used you 180 seconds of shooting really wore you out.  Imagine if you had to reset for all the stages then come complain.  My son and I shot the USPSA Area 8 Championship on Sunday with 14 stages and that was harder that the 3 days at FN. 

Howard and staff did a fantastic Job and i appreciate all the time they put in for the planning and running it for  this year.  

Bruce  C

I agree it was a great match and one of the better ones out there. The ROs resetting makes it easy for the shooters. I get all of that and like I said I know why they did the five stages, I just didn't care for it. The 5-7 stages a day you are speaking about are on all day formats not on half day formats. Howard and the ROs did an awesome. I throughly enjoyed the match. 

It was possible that some shooters shot 4 bay stages and one other, most shot only 4..  We've done it that way for years.  This year we were just smart enough to schedule it that way in the book.  It makes a big difference to the ROs to get done that hour and twenty minutes earlier Saturday.  It also gives us time to get the results together and checked before the banquet.  Even doing the one extra stage thing on Saturday I was there until 5:15 overseeing tear down.  It would have helped if some of the bay stages were a little smaller and faster too.  We're always learning.  On the bright side there were no back-ups on stage 2 like year's past.  If you don't understand the sacrifice the staff makes to run a match like this perhaps you should work a few.  If you have then you shouldn't complain.  Just say thank you.

Thanks to all for coming out.

On Sunday, September 04, 2016 at 4:23 PM, CmbtEngr said:

Great match, Howard!  An excellent variety of shooting challenges and smoothly run with dedicated and professional RO's.

Thank you, sponsors!

Damn, Combat Engineer. Very smoothly done. Even with that pistol malf that looked to be a run of 66 seconds and change. You beat a lot of pros. Are you sponsored?

42 minutes ago, CmbtEngr said:

You've got to love the RO's at this match. Watch the RO's reaction/motivation at 43-47 seconds in this vid...

That is because George (on the timer) is one of the best people I know. He wants everyone to do well, and tries to make sure he gives New Jersey a good name. 

As for Jim's skirt .. I just rather I didn't see that :)

22 minutes ago, Vlad said:

That is because George (on the timer) is one of the best people I know. He wants everyone to do well, and tries to make sure he gives New Jersey a good name. 

Especially if Jim goes prone. Awwhh my eyes.....:blink:

5 hours ago, Vlad said:

George is absolutely a good guy!  Jim explained the difference between a skirt and a kilt to me.  There are some things a guy doesn't need to know.