Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 FN 3 Gun Championship

regarding "nothing attached to handguard" can i suggest "nothing attached that sticks out more than 1/4 or 1/2" or so in any direction"? so as to allow short rail sections and or qd swivel attachment points.

Yeah. Some stages require slings. Also, offset irons are sometimes attached to the handguard.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just making sure I'm reading the matrix correctly. I'm on Squad 14, so I'll shoot stages 5, 6, 7, 4, (all stages in Zone B ) and then stage 1 on Thursday afternoon?

Andy

Edited by MedicAJ

Match stages are posted, but keep getting error trying to open stage 4 and 6. http://www.lchico5u.com/FNH3G.html

Just fixed the links for stages 4 & 6. Thanks to everyone who notified me. You may need to "refresh" the page first.

Linda Chico

Sent from my T1-A22L using Tapatalk

Not seeing a zone map in the booklet.
Working on a map to post separately from match booklet. Should be up by the weekend. A few new areas in use.

Just making sure I'm reading the matrix correctly. I'm on Squad 14, so I'll shoot stages 5, 6, 7, 4, (all stages in Zone B) and then stage 1 on Thursday afternoon?

Andy

Yes. Busy day.

Linda Chico

Just making sure I'm reading the matrix correctly. I'm on Squad 14, so I'll shoot stages 5, 6, 7, 4, (all stages in Zone B) and then stage 1 on Thursday afternoon?

Andy

Yes. Busy day.

Linda Chico

Linda,

Do you know if there is a staff only banquet this year as in the past years?

Thanks for your work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linda,

Yes. Staff Appreciation Dinner on Friday at host hotel, same room we have used in the past.

Linda Chico

Linda,

Yes. Staff Appreciation Dinner on Friday at host hotel, same room we have used in the past.

Linda Chico

Great!

Thanks

Not seeing a zone map in the booklet.
Working on a map to post separately from match booklet. Should be up by the weekend. A few new areas in use.

Just posted the updated map on the website (right under the link for the Match Booklet) on the Main page.

RangeMap.pdf

Linda Chico

I have mild concerns about that shooting schedule. It looks like squad 15 (mine) is supposed to shoot 5 stages on Thu afternoon, with the last one probably being in the woods (stage 2). Is night vision ok in tac/ops or are there provisions for maybe not doing that if the light gets poor?

Is there a match hotel? Anybody on squad 6 need a roommate?

Nick

The match only makes arrangements for hotel rooms for staff. I suggest you check Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, etc. View hotels in Winchester VA & look for any close to I-81. Plenty of rooms for any budget range.

Linda Chico

I have mild concerns about that shooting schedule. It looks like squad 15 (mine) is supposed to shoot 5 stages on Thu afternoon, with the last one probably being in the woods (stage 2). Is night vision ok in tac/ops or are there provisions for maybe not doing that if the light gets poor?

If the light is poor we will not shoot it until Saturday. You should blow right through the first 4 and I have a crack team of ROs working 2. I don't foresee a back up there this year.

If the light is poor we will not shoot it until Saturday. You should blow right through the first 4 and I have a crack team of ROs working 2. I don't foresee a back up there this year.

Thanx Howard.

Barricade stops have been allowed for years, and will be again for this match.  Without size requirements, or limitations.  It is possible that on stage 3 you will turn your gun and maybe your barricade will offer some support, but there is a wall there offering support as well.

We will do an equipment inspection at the beginning of the first stage.  If you have anything other than a rail "1/2 maximum height", QD mount "1/2 maximum height", or bipod stud  "1/2 maximum height", on your gun you will be given a chance to remove it.  After the walk-through of your first stage (at that stage or any subsequent stage) if you have it on your gun you will be moved to Open without warning.

I understand additional/updated rule changes were emailed out to registered shooters; however, i was on a wait list and never received those updates.  But since then I am in the match.  How can I get those updated rule changes.

3 minutes ago, Ellie3gun said:

Hi does anyone know the round count for the match? Thank you

Well from my son's count

100 rifle

15 rifle long range 

221 pistol 

177 birdshot

5 slugs

This is what he counted on how he would  shoot the stages. 

Bgc