Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 FN 3 Gun Championship

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is this year the same schedule with afternoon thurs,Friday morning,and Saturday afternoon?

Yes - that will be one option out of 3.

Option 1 - shoot Thursday morning, Friday afternoon, and Saturday morning.

Option 2 - shoot Thursday afternoon, Friday morning, and Saturday afternoon

Option 3 - Shoot Tuesday and Wednesday with staff (note that this is only for a very limited number and requires special permission)

See the match website: http://www.lchico5u.com/FNH3G.html

Also - sent out hundreds of email messages to past competitors with the following information:

The 2016 FN 3-Gun Championship will be held September 1 - 3 in Glengary WV at the Peacemaker National Training Center range. Staff will shoot on August 30-31. Applications for the match will be available April 1 starting at noon Eastern time. Link to the application: https://practiscore.com/2016-fn-3-gun-championship/register.

Again this year - from April 1 at noon until April 3 at noon, I will only accept applications from previous competitors. There is a space on the application to indicate the last year you shot the FNH USA 3 Gun. After I look up your name on my list to verify your previous participation, I will approve the application & you will get payment instructions sent by the Practiscore application. First time shooters at FN 3-Gun can submit applications after noon on April 3. Any new applications submitted earlier will be deleted.

NO PAPER APPLICATIONS this year. You will still have to use a stamp to mail your payment (check or money order) and a copy of your "approval" email. Please remember that payment is to “FN America, LLC”, with “2016 FN3G entry” in the Memo field. Every year I need to return checks made payable to me. I am a volunteer – not an FN employee.

Cost is $300 entry fee ($150 for juniors), plus optional costs like $20 or $25 per match shirt and/or $25 for guest banquet tickets.

Payments must be postmarked by April 15. After that, approval will be withdrawn & the application moves to the back of the waiting list. Contact me individually for "special exceptions: deployed military personnel, out of USA applicants, etc. When I say contact - I mean by email to LChico@sc.rr.com. Please do not send me messages regarding the match on social media or online forums. 803-629-7095 from noon to midnight (voice only). I have a VERY old-fashioned phone that works for voice only – no text messages or email messages go to my phone.

I cannot stress enough that the email address you put on that application must be correct. Any information I try to send you will get lost if you provide the wrong email information. Double check the application before you hit submit.

If you gave Howard Thompson an application to be an RO at the match, please do not complete this application until late April.

The Practiscore program automatically adds a link to your application information on most ‘program generated email messages’ and automatically prompts you to use it to squad. Note: SQUADDING IS NOT AVAILABLE YET. Self squadding will open up in late May. You will get specific instructions about how & when to squad about 2 weeks before it opens. Please do not send me squad requests.

Linda Chico

FN 3-Gun Statistician

LChico@sc.rr.com

Howard and Linda I'm a little confused, I sent my worker application and checks to Howard in January and he sent me an email back saying I was in. Now Linda is saying no paper applications this year and not to complete Howard's application until late April.

So am I good to go or do I have to start over again?

Howard and Linda I'm a little confused, I sent my worker application and checks to Howard in January and he sent me an email back saying I was in. Now Linda is saying no paper applications this year and not to complete Howard's application until late April.

So am I good to go or do I have to start over again?

If you gave Howard Thompson a paper application to be an RO at the match, please do not complete the Practiscore online application until late April. If Howard told you that you are part of the staff, you have a guaranteed slot in the match with staff. There is no need to rush on April 1 to complete an application. So please wait until late April to complete the online application. I do not need another paper application, but EVERYONE who plans to shoot the match must complete an online application, because that is how your name gets into the Practiscore scoring tablets.

Linda Chico

So for a first time shooter signing up on sunday are my chances getting in better going am-pm-am

Every year so far that has been true. PM-AM-PM always fills up faster. Last year, by noon on April 3rd, the PM-AM-PM option was already full & I had started a waiting list. The AM-PM-AM option did not fill until sometime on April 4th. This year, 12 hours after registration opened, the PM-AM-PM option is 80% full & the AM-PM-AM option is 68% full.

Please note that every year, 10% to 15% of the shooters were first time shooters at our match. Also, let me say a quick word about waiting lists. EVERY YEAR, people who got onto a waiting list during the first 2 weeks were all offered slots in the match.

Linda Chico

Edited by LChico

Linda speaks the truth. She is the person that makes major matches happen. Others may RO and build and RM and MD and all the rest, but just about anyone of us on that side could be replaced, Linda however is the ONE.

• 2 weeks later...

What didn't you like about the boat stage? That was one of my favorite ones, love flying clays. Especially when they are that easy.

If they do away with flying clays I'm gonna be pissed.

The boat was superfluous. The shooting position was too cramped- what is the reason for that? What is the purpose or reason or the attraction of manipulating a rifle around boat trailer winch while having to stay in a space the size of a latrine hole?The clays were inconsistent but not the worst I have seen. A lot of that is how the clays are loaded. The thing that bothered me most is why have a dump bucket right next to a staging table when there is no advancement? Why can't you just put the shotgun back down? I mean the stage was okay in terms of shooting challenge, but the quirkiness of it was like- because we can. I mean this is a match that has very little freestyle but it is an attractive long range venue. No need to add shooting on one foot while.chewing Red Man and humming Dixie.

The dump bucket is a range rule, and after watching a few hundred shooters go through it the only thing that changed with the clays was the way the wind was blowing. I didn't much like the size of the shooting box either but if all long range was from prone what fun would that really be.

FWIW I didn't like the boat stage either for all of the above reasons. I prefer shooting tests. I also tried to talk the MD out of the throwing the boat anchor thing. I expect to have a lot more pull this year.

Howard Thompson

RM/AMD 2016 FN Championship

• 3 weeks later...

I was at ASC this weekend and heard a rumor that there are going to be 50 ROs instead of the usual 100 and that the shooters will be doing target resetting. If that's true, it would have been nice to know before we signed up for the match. Any other surprises?

I was at ASC this weekend and heard a rumor that there are going to be 50 ROs instead of the usual 100 and that the shooters will be doing target resetting. If that's true, it would have been nice to know before we signed up for the match. Any other surprises?

Hmm. Someone forgot to tell me. Maybe if you contacted a match official, we could have helped clarify that "rumor."

First, we have had 55 to 65 staff members every previous year. We have NEVER had 100. Someone may have looked at the approximately 100 shooters who compete during the staff match & assumed all those were staff. Team FN & some FN employees shoot with staff. Also, a number of sponsored shooters compete during the staff match, as well as a few paid competitors who had schedule conflicts during the main match.

Second, not sure how many 3-Gun matches you have organized, or attended, but 50 staff for 10 stages is about the most generous staffing pattern you will find. Period.

Finally, if you are terribly disappointed with anything we plan to do at this match, you are not permanently locked in. Just send me an email message (LChico@sc.rr.com) requesting to withdraw from the match. There are a large number of people on the waiting list who are eager to mail you a check for entry fees.

Linda Chico

There will now be 3 ROs per stage instead of 5.....true or false?

Shooters are now required to reset targets?..........true or false?

Prize table will be the same or better than last year? true or false?

If I am going to fly across the country I would like to make my decision based on facts.

Not an official answer, but yes, shooters will be resetting this year, there will be fewer ROs on the stages. down for 7-9 to around 3. This does result in a major cost saving on the production end of things which can mean a better prize table. This match even with these changes should still be one of the top matches in the country to attend.