Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The New and Improved 2016 MS Classic Information Thread

From this point forward, this thread is where information for the 2016 MS Classic will be held.

Any BS posts will be requested to be deleted by the Mods.

I will update with information from original thread soon.

Thanks,

Steve

Enos site giving me fits cutting and pasting for some reason so bear with me.

But I did want to cover something so I don't miss any communications of importance. All contact should begin with email to msclassic@teammagnolia.com

I simply can't field all the calls and texts coming in. So if you hear someone saying I'm not responding, please ensure they are using the email. Pretty sure most don't want me calling them when I have time to go through all the messages (usually late night to wee hours of morning)

It's not that I don't like talking to ya'll. Well, most of you anyway. :goof:

Thanks,

Steve

Please refrain from emailing me/texting me/calling me. All communication should go through email via msclassic@teammagnolia.com

This way I am waaaay less likely to miss anything.

As stated before, I will go through and begin the process probably Wednesday night after the Range's BOD meeting. Or maybe even Thursday. I wanted to wait this year until the bulk were here.

Yesterday would have been the busiest delivery day of apps, daughter says there is a whole new stack now there on my desk.

Sorting through, considering overnight, postage date, MS resident, sponsored, vender, blah blah blah..... then will input to PractiScore and you will get an email notifying you that you are in the match. A wait list will be comprised as usual and sent out to all those on said list. Bear with me, may be Monday before emails actually go out.

We're having our "Stage Crew" get together tonight to further work on the ten stages to be shot. Chris Baucum is heading up this effort, so if you see him give him a big thanks. It's not a small undertaking and when you get a room full of Type-A's talking about the best stages to do, how to lay them out, how to construct the gadgetry..... it gets interesting. He has also taken on RO assignments and such, working towards his RM certification!!

Also I want to thank Rob Sutton and his better half, Jana. They are heading up sponsorship/prize table again this year. I have talked to several already about sponsorship, forwarded that information to them, but they handled it last year and did a fantastic job! I'm sure it will be another great year.

I know what you're thinking...... so what are YOU doing now that everyone else is doing all the work..... I'm grinning. Immensely. Seriously, there is plenty else to do but I wanted to thank these folks for all the work they do. If it were not for these and other key players, last year might not have happened. This group of folks here are the reason it happens like it does.

We all look forward to hosting again this year and can't wait to see ya'll!!

Edited by MrClean

The hotels are linked below. Still in process of trying to strike a deal with Holiday Inn Express so soon as I know something I'll post here.

Holiday Inn Express

http://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/en/byram/janby/hoteldetail?qAdlt=1&qBrs=6c.hi.ex.rs.ic.cp.in.sb.cw.cv.ul.vn&qChld=0&qFRA=1&qGRM=0&qPSt=0&qRRSrt=rt&qRef=df&qRms=1&qRpn=1&qRpp=12&qSHp=1&qSmP=3&qSrt=sBR&qWch=0&srb_u=1&icdv=99504440&siclientid=10074&sitrackingid=730957847&glat=SEAR&dp=true&icdv=99504440

Comfort Inn

https://www.choicehotels.com/mississippi/byram/comfort-inn-hotels/ms245?source=yext

Update: Waiting on contract from Holiday Inn Express to finalize and get code. Seems they have already been fielding calls from "shooters".

The bad news is they only had 40 rooms left. As soon as I get the code I'll post here.

Still waiting on Comfort Inn - last year they had a ridiculous requirement so we didn't get a discount at all

Edited by MrClean

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, sorry for the delay.

I should finish getting it imported in to PractiScore and get official emails out to those in and those on waiting list.

If you have received an email "from me" stating you are on the wait list, do not believe it. It seems someone takes pride in figuring out how to send an anonymous email, looking like it came from a sender other than themselves. It's not that hard, so don't feel too smart. Most email filters will toss it in to your spam folder because the sender doesn't match what is in the header information. And if I do pull an IP from that header info that matches someones IP that has sent me a personal email previously.... you will be dropped from the match.

So bottom line is that you should begin receiving emails today or tomorrow through PractiScore.

And the wait list isn't going to be too long either, nothing like last year.

Alrighty, everyone in the match should have received an email with your PractiScore link.

Have also emailed the first 12 on the Wait List as well.

I'll email the next group on wait list tomorrow.

• 4 weeks later...

gmg,

I received an email from Practiscore that said:

"Greetings! You are registered for the 2016 MS Classic....."

At the bottom of the email it said to click a link for squatting through Practiscore.

You can always email Steve through msclassic@teammagnolia.com

gmg,

At the bottom of the email it said to click a link for squatting through Practiscore.

Thanks killab. I couldn't find it thru Practiscore but will continue to look.

gmg,

Thanks killab. I couldn't find it thru Practiscore but will continue to look.

gmg,

If you are looking to squad up, you'll need the email because it has the specific link to your personal match management page.

If you just wanted to look at the other squads, the link posted above works.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

dj, shoot me an email at msclassic@teammagnolia.com and I'll let ya know where you stand on the wait list.

About to free up some slots that were held back for sponsors/vendors and finish up the final count.

Stages will not be published. Everyone gets to see em when they show up.

Logo for shirts is a combination of our crawfish mascot and the first logo used for The MS Classic and look great. We will not be ordering a lot of extra ones, just like last year. Extras will be held until Saturday afternoon to ensure everyone gets theirs. This marks our 20th year. We actually have a few guys shooting this year that shot in the first match all those years ago!!!!

It's a big privilege for us to host this for everyone. There are a lot of folks that give up countless hours of work, vacation days used up from work and good ol' blood, sweat and tears. Well.... I haven't seen anyone cry yet but I think there may have been some tears of pain a few times. We all absolutely enjoy hosting this event and seeing everyone having a blast.

So get ready! Crawfish, Live Band and all you great folks coming in!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Ok folks.... it's getting close.

• Round Count is 249 with 10 stages (plus Chrono stage).
  • There will be a 2016 MS Classic 20th anniversary stadium cup in your shooter bag, along with any prize(s) you may win. (Possibly another Sponsor cup as well) Look close in your bag, some may have a card telling you to redeem it at another table.
  • Utilize the cup for the water coolers on stages and Saturday night. We will have paper cups but trying to cut down on amount of trash and waste. And they look way cooler than a paper cup anyway. :goof:
  • We will have a random drawing Saturday night for all the firearms to be given away, even if you received something in your shooter bag you are still in the drawing. You don't have to be there to win but you DO have to claim it by end of match Sunday.
  • The Crawfish Guru is cookin' up an even 1,000 pounds this year, with the trimmings.... and yes, including sausage this year too.

Looking forward to seeing everyone this year!!!

Edited by MrClean

• 2 weeks later...

We decided not to post stages because in the past some clubs set em up to "practice". Probably could put em up at this point I guess.... but just decided earlier on not to.

So everyone gets surprised this year I guess :) For me personally, I like to look at em too. But they always look different on the ground anyway.

Range will open until dark Friday night, perhaps a little later but don't count on it. Need to get some rest for the match kickin off early

We will have shooters meeting at ~0730 Saturday morning, with hammer down at 0800!!

Sunday morning report to your first stage of the day and be ready to hammer down at 0700.

This should put us through early enough so that those of you with a long drive get home at a decent hour.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!!