Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NEW: Walther Q5 Match - New awesome production guns showing up everywh

EngineerEli

I just came across this while browsing on KYGUNCO, and it looks SWEET!!! I can find next to no info about it yet, but looking at the photo I see some pretty sweet features. I was thinking this deserved some conversation here, and maybe someone has more info than I was able to find, that they would be able to share with us.

Walther-PPQ-Q5-Match.jpg

http://www.kygunco.com/walther-q5-match-9mm-pistol-5in-black-151-ergonomic-walther-grip-112943

Edit: Found a few details - http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2015/12/15/walther-ppq-q5-match-pistol/

Edited by EngineerEli

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks really nice. I hope it doesn't have a ported barrel. You'd be stuck in OPEN until you found a non-ported barrel....

No ports in the barrel - those are the same lightening slots the PPQ 5" uses. There are rumors it will come from the factory with the Apex trigger. If so this could become the CO unicorn.

• 2 weeks later...

The lack of info on this gun is ridiculous. Walther actually had a press conference slot at SHOT and still nothing. A PPQ setup for slide mounted optics and with a factory apex trigger would be sweet.

I contacted Apex. They had nothing to say

The lack of info on this gun is ridiculous. Walther actually had a press conference slot at SHOT and still nothing. A PPQ setup for slide mounted optics and with a factory apex trigger would be sweet.

I contacted Apex. They had nothing to say

I'd settle for a press release from Walther.

Unfortunately Walther and Grand Power with likely never make a dent in any significant numbers in our sport, so it's unlikely to see much support beyond factory and fringe manufacturing. I do applaud them for thinking outside the box though.

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately Walther and Grand Power with likely never make a dent in any significant numbers in our sport, so it's unlikely to see much support beyond factory and fringe manufacturing. I do applaud them for thinking outside the box though.

A few years ago I'd have agreed, but not lately, especially with Walther.

Taran Basepads, Apex Trigger Kit, not exactly fringe aftermarket support. Sponsoring Area 4 the last couple of years, and offering some sponsorship to other clubs and matches. Back in 2012 when I started with a PPQ, there were a couple of us in Northern Illinois who shot them with any regularity. I ditched the platform not long after, but I see more and more of them at matches. These days it doesn't shock me to see three or four at a club match of 65-70 shooters.

Is that significant? Not in the CZ/Glock way, but in a few years, with them concentrating on Production Optics, I can see them carving out a pretty decent niche. Again, no way it'll ever be a "premier" choice for competitive shooters, but it definitely has a growing following, and an awful lot of people sure seem to like them once they put a few rounds downrange.

Taran Basepads, Apex Trigger Kit, not exactly fringe aftermarket support. Sponsoring Area 4 the last couple of years, and offering some sponsorship to other clubs and matches. Back in 2012 when I started with a PPQ, there were a couple of us in Northern Illinois who shot them with any regularity. I ditched the platform not long after, but I see more and more of them at matches. These days it doesn't shock me to see three or four at a club match of 65-70 shooters.

Is that significant? Not in the CZ/Glock way, but in a few years, with them concentrating on Production Optics, I can see them carving out a pretty decent niche. Again, no way it'll ever be a "premier" choice for competitive shooters, but it definitely has a growing following, and an awful lot of people sure seem to like them once they put a few rounds downrange.

To me the plenary question is whether the Apex trigger is installed on the new gun thus rendering the Apex trigger legal for production. Does anyone have that answer?

To me the plenary question is whether the Apex trigger is installed on the new gun thus rendering the Apex trigger legal for production. Does anyone have that answer?

If the trigger is a factory option and the gun is registered with USPSA, the trigger is legal for that gun. Does not make it legal on any gun for Production

If the trigger is a factory option and the gun is registered with USPSA, the trigger is legal for that gun. Does not make it legal on any gun for Production

I understand the rules. My question is whether the Apex trigger is installed on the new gun as it comes from the factory

Edited by underlug