Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Keymod rail

boudreux

I'm looking for a keymod rail in the 12-15" range but don't know what to look for. Can anybody give me some ideas? I'm not looking for top of the line, just something with a good fit and reasonably priced. Thanks in advance

The BCM KMR is my favorite. It is extremely light, small diameter, and very stiff. The Armalite 3 gun handguard is very nice as well, fatter than the KMR but still pretty slim. There are tons of choices out there, and most will work just fine.

Noveske makes the slimmest I think. Seekins makes some awesome ones. APCustom/Rhino make some good ones. Lancer has some awesome options. MidwestIndustries has lots of options. There are a couple forum dealers that make them. Tons of options out there...

The Noveske NSR is a good choice. It is very slim, and has good angles for shooting on and around barricades. I would also look a Midwest industry options. They are usually very affordable and good quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Rangerdug

That looks a lot like my PSA rail. It's small and angular. I prefer my round Samson rail. We all like different things, that's why there's so many options.

Don't laugh, but do check out the UTG Pro Super Slim Keymod. 30+ page thread on arfcom all positive, and some good mentions here. I got the 15" mounted over an 18" Nordic and SLR adj. gas block. Natchez had them on sale for $110 last week, but have gone up to $138. Over 120 keymod positions, really takes weight out of it. Huge anti-rotation tabs keeps it aligned. Made in the USA.

Edited by OPENB

I have both a BCM KMR alpha and the Rainier arms keymod.

The BCM alpha is super light, very rigid, and can be had for $170ish.

The Rainier arms keymod is a rebranded Sampson and is really nice for under $150.

I like both and have a BCM KMR alpha on my 3gun rifle. With barrel nut, the handguard is 10ish ounces.

If I were you, I would go to Rainier arms or some other big vendor and browse the options in the 13 inch range. Lots of options.

• 2 weeks later...