Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PPC Improvement

phecksel

Apparently loading my ammo is encouraging a whole bunch more shooting. I haven't practiced PPC since shooting the match a year ago, but been doing a bunch more shooting.

Last year's PPC score, whopping 402. This year, huge improvement to 530, with one fail to fire :(

Service match was also an improvement, but don't have the exact score. Missing one hole... have no idea how. Card was double checked for double hit, so unless it was the perfect shot... I either missed the entire target, or miscounted rounds loaded in the magazine.

Very pleased with the improvement :) Still need to work on slowing down!

try all the positions with a red dot scope and dry fire, and try some variations in the positions... so you can see the most steady position...

try every position, aim, close your eyes for 3 seconds and see where your sight are, correct to when your alignment is natural on the target, this way you don't have to fight your sights to get on target. when I shot 10m airpistol we started every course of fire this way, when we moved our feet we did this over. I found this also a great help for my sitting, prone, kneeling... but you have to memorise these positions.

on training or when I get lucky in competition I can shoot 580+ (on a reduced 50m target, we shoot in meters, not yards)

Edited by stardust tommy

• 2 weeks later...

My PPC 530... missing one hole. If I had hit a 10 with that missing bullet, i would have won a firearm :(

SWMBO is chief score judge, she scored my card. I challenged her missing a double hit hole, and got the over the glasses look with "seriously?". I looked at my card too and didn't see it,

Did however win some money with my composite score, woohoo!

• 4 months later...