Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

If you want to be amazed look at powder prices at Midway

littlefish

If you want to be amazed look at powder prices at MidwayUSA. I thought Powder Valley was getting bit too high. I don't believe those midway prices include their $30 buck hazmat/ship charge fee. Suppose they are adding actual shipping cost on top too? Hope this is not a sign of times to come (sad state of affairs). Any other options recommended? Not that there's any pistol powder to be had. Just wondering.

Midway prices are getting ridiculous, especially their shipping...I have just quit shopping there

Totally agree, Midway used to be my goto place to buy and the birthday deals and other specials were actually good, some new marketing person sold them a bill of goods and I only buy there when I cannot find something anywhere else!

I tried the bassproshops ship to store....

it saves the hazmat fee if nothing else.

the price of powders is likely to stay up where is is now.

I am resigned to that. I mostly hope it stays available.

miranda

Powder Valley has HS6 in both 1 & 8's

Get it quick, it is gone by the end of the day.

Actually they've had it in stock for weeks.

HP38/Clays went quick a few weeks ago, things had continued to settle down, we will see if POTOS's comments get everyone in a tizzy again.

~g

I stopped buying powder at midway a long time ago. They charge separate hazmat fee for powder and primers because they ship the powder from somewhere else. I asked them on phone about it and they said something about their main location being close to a freeway and safety.

I placed an order a couple of days ago with brownells. Didn't save any money but I was irritated with midways shipping options and how long they'd take to actually ship the items.

Red

I've never bought powder or any reloading supplies online. I have a great mom and pop outfit only about half an hour from me. No shipping or hazmat fees but I do have to pay sales tax. He always has pretty much anything I'm looking for. He beats most of the online prices too but I would probably buy from him anyway. I like supporting the little guy. I'm in trouble if he ever decides to retire...he's getting up there in age.

I've never bought powder or any reloading supplies online. I have a great mom and pop outfit only about half an hour from me. No shipping or hazmat fees but I do have to pay sales tax. He always has pretty much anything I'm looking for. He beats most of the online prices too but I would probably buy from him anyway. I like supporting the little guy. I'm in trouble if he ever decides to retire...he's getting up there in age.

Just a thought. If you are in a position to do so. Buy the business form him if he does retire ! that way you get your supplies and you can also help your fiends in the area out! ( by keeping the mom and pop gun shop open!