Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 Jabs Extreme Steel Targegt Challenge

Hello everyone, I just wanted to put out there about the Jabs Extreme Steel Target Challenge. We had a great match last year with about 150 shooters that shot. We have expanded the match into Sunday AM to be able to take in more shooters. Also last year we had almost $25,000 of prizes on the prize table with 14 guns given away. Basically if you won your class you got a gun. Also Top Junior in both irons and open won a gun. This year is starting to shape up to be about the same. We HOPE to have everyone thats shoots the match get to walk out with at least $50 in prizes. So come join the fun eat some Whole Hog on Saturday night and shoot alot of knockdown steel. Below I have som more match info. Thanks

The Jabs Extreme Steel Target Challenge will be held on April 1st – 3rd 2016. This match will mix two different shooting disciplines into one match. There will be 8 all steel USPSA style stages with some Steel Challenge targets mixed into the stages. Come test your skills at this match, veteran shooters and new shooters alike. Try out some challenging stage designs and a new concept of bonus targets. This new concept will have some very challenging custom targets designed by Jabs Extreme Steel Targets set out in each stage that if engaged and hit will take seconds off your time. This will be a time/plus penalties scoring match, with stage par times on each stage. Basically you will get to shootem’ till they all fall but not stand and go to war with the stage. There will be only two divisions’ limited irons and open, both will have to follow all of the current USPSA limited and open rules as they pertain to the firearms used. Irons Division magazines will be limited to 10 rounds. Competitors will compete using their USPSA class or (IDPA equivalent class) and can register and shoot in both divisions. The prize table will be on Sunday afternoon and will consist of first in each class going first (unclassified not included) then you will go in order of finish. The best part of this match will be on Saturday night, all shooters, RO’s and vendors (sponsors) will be invited to a Whole Hog Cookin’ with all the fixings’ to go along with it for a nice after shoot party Saturday night. So come join us for a fun weekend of shooting and good eating with friends and fellow competitors. Registration will begin on December 16, 2105 on www.practiscore.com

Match entry is $120 per slot per division for amateur adults. Amateur juniors 17 and under is $90per slot per division. This will include match entry, one match T-shirt and a shooters bag that could have a little something extra in it. We will be adding a Pro division this year slots will be $200 per slot per division. Pros will be competing for cash prizes in each division. Cash prizes will be determined by the number of Pro shooters that ATTEND the match. We will be using the USPSA rules for recognizing classes. There will be NO refunded match fees after February 15, 2016.

Edited by Jabstargets

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're classified in multiple USPSA divisions, which classification will be used? Will it be based on the gun? For example, if you're a B in Single Stack and an A in Limited but are using a Single Stack/1911 gun, will you be classified as a B for the match?

We will be using your highest USPSA class for the match. If you don't have a classification for open then we will use the same class as your irons classification or the same for irons if your not classified in irons. Just remember you have to be registered before the end of January to be garunteed a match shirt. We will be ordering extra but not a whole lot extra.

A quick note on hotels for the area. There is no match hotel but there are several at every price point within 8 minutes from the range. On 84 west and the circle there is Days inn $55, Fairfield inn $103, Courtyard of Dothan $119. On 231North there is Sleep inn and suites $65, Residence Inn $144, Hilton Garden $144 and Comfort Suites $76.

The ones on 84 west you leave the hotel and head west until you get to Bay Springs Rd. also known as Co. rd. 49 and turn right, go two miles, turn right on 560 and we're on the right.

From the ones on 231 north, you take Murphy Mill rd out of town It will dead end into 49, take a left go 1/4 mile and turn right on 560 and we're on the right.

• 3 weeks later...

What info do you need? I shot this match last year and Jeremy did a great job putting on a match worth shooting. I shot the pro am, SE georgia pro am, and JABS for steel matches and still feel like I got more bang for my buck at JABS. Whole hog cook out, amazing prize table, and a lot of fun.

The only thing that went wrong was the weather! Seriously, though. This is a great oddball match that should interest everyone. I'm shooting irons and open this year. Can't wait to make the steel ring!

What info do you need? I shot this match last year and Jeremy did a great job putting on a match worth shooting. I shot the pro am, SE georgia pro am, and JABS for steel matches and still feel like I got more bang for my buck at JABS. Whole hog cook out, amazing prize table, and a lot of fun.

The only thing that went wrong was the weather! Seriously, though. This is a great oddball match that should interest everyone. I'm shooting irons and open this year. Can't wait to make the steel ring!

Sent the check in yesterday, I was mainly just commenting to get updates on the thread. Sounds like a great match. Thanks for the info.

• 1 month later...