Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

unloading M2- a Pain

ffgats

Unloading my M2 ( shells from the mag) is a real pain, its a struggle by pressing the shell catch even with a the factory lifter. Now that I installed a Taran Lifter it makes the unloading manually more worse, correct me if Im wrong ,but the Taran"s lifter looks a little bit longer the factory lifter.? Sometimes when unloading the shells and had already pass thru the sheel catch, it will hit the edge of the Taran Lifter, Is it safe to trim or cut a little materials on the Taran lifter? , Thanks

Correct me if I am wrong but trimming the lifter may defeat the purpose of having it extended. When I owned a benelli I had to cycle them onto the lifter and cycle the bolt to remove the shells. Kind of a process but the method that worked best for me...

just a follow up, I did a little polishing and bending to my Shell Latch, first try I got an occasionnal release of the shell from the mags,although the insertion is more smooth, Readjusted the Shell Latch to put more Tension, much smoother than the factory but I can feel more resistance .

Does anybody sells a "Tune Shell Latch"

just a follow up, I did a little polishing and bending to my Shell Latch, first try I got an occasionnal release of the shell from the mags,although the insertion is more smooth, Readjusted the Shell Latch to put more Tension, much smoother than the factory but I can feel more resistance .

Does anybody sells a "Tune Shell Latch"

TTI does a "Tune and polish shell catch" in there upgrade package for the M2. You could reach out to him and see if he could sell it to ya.

Tuning a shell catch is a crap shoot. Normally you end up with shells flying out under recoil.

If you're having trouble unloading it's probably the shell binding against the lifter. If you've got an extended bolt release press the tail or end nearest the rear at the same time you press the latch in. Shells should slide out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep waiting for them to put an articulating (pivoting) 2pc shell latch like the Stoeger in the Benelli. The aftermarket ought to pick it up if it isn't patent protected. Jesse Tischauser disagrees with me on this, but I think the Stoeger type is actually better than the original Benelli 1pc flexible steel part. Jesse told me he thinks the 2pc design is more prone to "death jams", but so far it hasn't ever given me any issues. Too bad they aren't interchangeable, or I would try the swap :(

• 3 weeks later...

I used to unload my M2 by depressing the shell catch until it bent in over time and started allowing shells to pop back onto the lifter either during loading or firing. Now I just rack them out even for loading practice sessions. Not worth the chance that will happen to you in a match, which is where mine screwed up.

Thanks to all the your feedbacks guys, Steve Rose gave me a quick and easy advice on how to finely tune the shell catch by just removing the trigger assembly without taking out the shell catch from the receiver, Thanks you Mr. Rose for the help.

I keep waiting for them to put an articulating (pivoting) 2pc shell latch like the Stoeger in the Benelli. The aftermarket ought to pick it up if it isn't patent protected. Jesse Tischauser disagrees with me on this, but I think the Stoeger type is actually better than the original Benelli 1pc flexible steel part. Jesse told me he thinks the 2pc design is more prone to "death jams", but so far it hasn't ever given me any issues. Too bad they aren't interchangeable, or I would try the swap :(

Totally agree with you Tom. There is no factual basis in JTs objection.

But you have a shorten lifter, I'm using a Taran , you really have to push down the lifter to release the shell. Sometimes I just unload by pressing the shell release and cycle the action.

The death jam problem is made 1000% worse with an extended button. I cannot replicate the problem under normal conditions with my factory button but with the extended, i tend to bump it when I hit the charging handle and instant death jam. Its a B to clear in the shop, let alone under match stress.