Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide Racker yes or no

jellyb

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes on a frame mounted optic, on a slide ride I think it's optional because you can use the sight to rack the slide. I use a 90 degree frame mount and it's very difficult to rack the slide without the racker. (left side for RH shooter)

I now run an rts2 and have removed my slide racker. I do still have my thumb rest which provides advantage on table starts.

Now that I have ran the rts2 a few times without the racker....I am all in favor of running a racker and have put mine back on..

There is much slide to grab but the racker I feel is faster.

I will chime in that I have one on both my 9mm (9mm for 3Gun) and .40 (for USPSA-Lim) M&P's. With unloaded or empty-chamber starts, my process to get ready for first shot is same. I wouldn't go back.

I tried the SSS and it works, but the option from Springer is better for me. It's a little smaller, lighter, and only one piece. And, the Springer comes in Red which we all know is faster.

So, while absolutely not required in Open or Limited, it can be quite handy. I find that with the racker, I can cycle the slide without bringing the gun down at all. If that doesn't fix the issue, then I can lower it and look.

On the starts, I can kindof hook the racker on my way to extension and once extended, the slide is racked, round chambered, and then my weak had joins the grip.

Does anyone know of a racker that is high and you can get it away from your thumb. I have a bad habit of running my thumbs high and pounding it with the racker ( Not fun at all, by the way!!!!) :surprise: I would like to keep the racker on the support side if possible. I currently have a detent racker from CK Arms. Also, I have a offset mount on top. I would like to avoid getting the hole top of the slide milled a switch sides. Anys uggestions would be greatly appreciated.

But Yes, even as much as I hate banging my thumb I would suggest one.

Does anyone know of a racker that is high and you can get it away from your thumb. I have a bad habit of running my thumbs high and pounding it with the racker ( Not fun at all, by the way!!!!) :surprise: I would like to keep the racker on the support side if possible. I currently have a detent racker from CK Arms.

I found the sidewinder to be higher than the zig racker on the CK and would prefer it for that reason.