Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 Ohio CK Arms Buckeye Blast

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At the time of this post, the weather shows scattered thunderstorms for Saturday. What is the contingency plan for Saturday shooters if the weather does not cooperate?

Bring your rain gear. We have shelters on the bays and can shoot until 8:30pm. If we need more than that, we can pull cars up for headlights.

At the time of this post, the weather shows scattered thunderstorms for Saturday. What is the contingency plan for Saturday shooters if the weather does not cooperate?

Same as every other match I'm guessing. Unless lightning starts just suck it up and shoot in the rain. If there is lightning then we'll probably wait it out

Same as every other match I'm guessing. Unless lightning starts just suck it up and shoot in the rain. If there is lightning then we'll probably wait it out

Pretty much. Our bays drain fairly well with one bay that gets muddy and one that will have standing water, just a little, during and just after heavy down pours. Certainly better than some of the stories I have heard from other matches and better than some I have shot in.

I sure enjoyed the match! Hardly able to move my 67 year old body this morning . . . whew!

I am really pleased, that after two days of shooting, I am 23rd out of 84 open division shooters. Not bad for an old Super Senior, eh?

I just wanted to thank all the staff. I shot Friday and it was a great match. I hadn't shot anything more than a local match in many years and it was great to get back out there and great to have so much participation in Singlestack.

Match was great. Staff was awesome. Only real issue were the 3 stages sharing a bay. 4 Hours to run 2 hoser stages and 1 classifier was kinda rough.

Thinking about normal timing, a long course runs about 45 minutes for 12 shooters, which means about 2-1/4 hours for three stages. It doesn't seem to make sense that this could have been 4 hours, especially when they were all being reset at the same time. Hmmm...

I'm still looking for my score sheet to see the times, but I don't remember 4 hours for stages 8, 9, and 10. The ROs were running us through there pretty fast, even holding off on picking up mags until it was time to score the stages. The ROs can probably tell us the actual throughput time, as they were keeping track of it.

Match was great. Staff was awesome. Only real issue were the 3 stages sharing a bay. 4 Hours to run 2 hoser stages and 1 classifier was kinda rough.

Thinking about normal timing, a long course runs about 45 minutes for 12 shooters, which means about 2-1/4 hours for three stages. It doesn't seem to make sense that this could have been 4 hours, especially when they were all being reset at the same time. Hmmm...

I'm still looking for my score sheet to see the times, but I don't remember 4 hours for stages 8, 9, and 10. The ROs were running us through there pretty fast, even holding off on picking up mags until it was time to score the stages. The ROs can probably tell us the actual throughput time, as they were keeping track of it.

Not all squads were 12. Some how my squad ended up with 15. We had to split in the second half of the day due to a backup being created.

Each round of shooters (all three stages) took approximately 3-4 minutes (so basically a little more than one minute per shooter/per stage). The RO's were actively monitoring the time. Which in my opinion isn't bad at all considering all that has to be completed from "Make Ready" to scoring and resetting the stage. Also add in 5 minutes for a walk-through and a few situations that required more time (scoring challenges, gun malfunctions, re-shoots, etc). So all in it generally took about 1 hour per stage. I suspect that most people experienced no more than 3 hours to shoot the 3 stages.

Rangemaster at one point told us we were averaging 3 minutes 45 seconds turn for the entire bay.

I know as soon as resetters were clear and shooters foot hit the start position a "Make Ready" command was given.

Shooters always have to have something to gripe about I guess.

My squad started on 7. We only got 7,8,9,10 done before lunch, which we hit at about 1:00. Then we shot the other 6 in 3.5 hours. I was in my car and on the road by 5:15.

Not trying to shit on the match at all. It is simply a logistical issue with what was presented at the time.

Looking forward to next year.