Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mass e- mailing

Nimitz

Just realized when you create the activity/classifer report and email it to yourself so that you can upload the scores to the SCSA website there is an option to e-mail all shooters so that will work ...

Just realized when you create the activity/classifer report and email it to yourself so that you can upload the scores to the SCSA website there is an option to e-mail all shooters so that will work ...

If that emails the activity/classifier report to all shooter it's going to be useless to them. The file is a specially formatted CSV file.

Do what Zack shows in Post#5

This will open up your old match's, find the old match date you want,

click "manage shooters"

then click "approve/view shooters" and up in the right

hand box there is a email all shooters from that match.

In our Eastern Colorado Section we setup a google groups e-mail alias that shooters can register for and only a couple of people per USPSA club have access rights to send emails using the group. Then all of the clubs in the section e-mail out match status and results using the google groups e-mail alias. This works very well in keeping everyone one in the section on the same page when it comes to distributing match results, match notifications, and stuff like that. When shooters want the match results e-mailed to them we simply tell them to sign up for the google groups e-mail alias.

You're way to organized for us southerners ... :). I'm thrilled to just have most shooters pre register for my match on Practiscore so I don't have to manually enter them the morning of ....

Of course, you all have an army show the morning of the match & do stage setup so I guess I shouldn't be surprised ... Our AD will be at our Club at the end of the month hosting an open house & small stage match so I'll let him know about what you all do ...

It would be nice if we could get USPSA HQ to organize some kind of Match Director's forum where only registered MDs could go so we could all share our ideas & experiences and work out issues in somewhat confidential setting ....

Edited by Nimitz