Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any experience with the Sig 30 cal suppressors?

technetium-99m

Like the title says, looking for a 30 cal suppressor that will decently quiet down 556 and be durable enough for use on a 12.5" barrel through something like a carbine class.

Also looking at a Saker, but I don't have a lot of interest in anything AAC makes.

I'm a huge silencerco fan, so definitely can't go wrong with them. That being said...

Sig thread on cans are made for tapered barrels I believe, so I'm guessing you are looking to go the QD route. I know Sig has recruited some of the top names in the can world to help them get off the ground so I'm sure they are very good. Material wise inconel or titanium will definitely hold up to anything you through at it, and the no tube / welded baffle stack is a pretty innovative feature.

If it's in your budget I think you'd be pretty happy. I got on he 51t AAC bandwagon early and am finding it hard to get off due to the convenience of the muzzle interchangeability.

I handled one at the LGS and it seemed heavy, not sure if it really matters for your application. There are so many good cans out there that it sure "can" be difficult to pick where to blow your stamp money. It seems everyone has a favorite.

Haven't shot one yet but my local silencer shop has and gives them very high marks. My understanding is this was the next generation design that AAC was going to come out with before freedom group (Remington) bought them. The engineers left and joined Sig brining their designs with them. Supposedly it is one of the quietest cans out there and the price seems pretty good. I know that there will be some new cans at show show so I'd wait a few weeks and see what debuts.

I'll be picking up my omega in a week or so. If it helps I'm looking for another suppressor that's a little more bomb proof. Hence my curiosity in something like a Saker.

I haven't ruled surefire out either.

Sakers certainly are not bomb proof. Our SRT has 6 of them for T&E. At least one and I think two of them have failed and they don't really shoot that much.

You have a surefire on your 10.5 don't you?

Im not Trace, but...

I also have an older legacy Mini and I use it on my 11.5 -18 inch guns. It sees occasional full auto on my 14.5.

Rugged and very repeatable. A touch on the loud side compared to newer technology baffle stacks. I would have no issue taking it to a carbine class. In fact I am sure those around you would appreciate your use of a can.

I have a Thunderbeast 223A as a dedicated full auto can and it is rated for the 7.5 inch guns.

You have a surefire on your 10.5 don't you?

Im not Trace, but...

I also have an older legacy Mini and I use it on my 11.5 -18 inch guns. It sees occasional full auto on my 14.5.

Rugged and very repeatable. A touch on the loud side compared to newer technology baffle stacks. I would have no issue taking it to a carbine class. In fact I am sure those around you would appreciate your use of a can.

I have a Thunderbeast 223A as a dedicated full auto can and it is rated for the 7.5 inch guns.

:cheers: