Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wet Tumbling Station

Sarge

Found this heavy duty cart at Sam's club. Mounted a box fan under the top shelf for drying brass below. Mounted a brass tray to the middle shelf. It has a mesh bottom for air to pass through. Made the brass tray into a drawer that pulls out for easy loading and unloading. Everything else stores on the bottom shelf. Put a power strip on the back so only one plug to worry about.

When I'm not using it I can cover it with an old grill cover to keep the wood shop dust off and roll it into a corner of the garage.

post-16683-0-15029300-1451535269_thumb.j post-16683-0-50452800-1451535288_thumb.j post-16683-0-37902100-1451535312_thumb.j post-16683-0-47834700-1451535328_thumb.j

Let us know how long the fan lives running in that orientation.

Will it be a bearing issue? It's a really cheap fan with all plastic blades so there isn't much weight to support Edited by Sarge

Nice! Sarge, what I did with my dry tumbler was take the outlet that it plugs into and put that outlet on a switch. So, instead of unplugging the tumbler everytime to shut it off, I just flip the switch. Would that work with your set up?

Not sure I understand. Sorry. I only unplug from the wall when I wheel it away from the sink area. The fan runs all the time since drying takes longer than tumbling. And the WET tumbler has a built in timer.

BUT on my other dry tumbler bench I did indeed put the outlet on a digital timer so I could set it and forget it.