Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 Mississippi Classic

Hey Everyone!

Still getting a few things ready before opening up registration. I will post in this thread a week ahead of time so everyone has ample opportunity to get ready. The dates are tentatively May 20-22, 2016. I say tentative because we still have to get those dates approved by the board. I don't anticipate any hiccups and before registration is opened up, those will be set in stone.

So keep tuned and get ready! We are already looking forward to seeing everyone!!!

Steve & The Crew

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll try to be a little more diligent on the sacrifices to the weather gods this year. I thought sure we had given enough to keep the rain at bay, but..... :devil:

Edited by MrClean

Few notes before we get started

* We understand how frustrating it is not getting in. We've talked about doing it electronically, etc. We have discussed at lengths various options, all have their good and bad points.

* Once again registration will be done via mail in forms/payment. Make sure you include correct payment, registration fee(s) plus shirt(s) if you indicate you want shirt(s)

* Match Staff and RO's, please send in your forms as well. I have a list of folks already to call and confirm with but still need your information so we can input it. RO Match fee is 20.00.

* Slots will be held back for those Vendors/Sponsors already committed and those that are anticipated. Once sponsorships/vendors are set in stone, any of those slots left will be released for those on the waiting list.

* You may not 'sell' your slot or 'pick' who it goes to if you cannot make the match after registering. Those slots will go to people on the wait list and/or to new vendors/sponsors.

* It may be a few days before I get through sorting by postmark date/time/etc and get everything input so please bear with me. With that being said, MS shooters will be in a separate stack and pulled from to ensure we have , at minimum, the same percentage of MS shooters as we have had in the past. If we open up registration to MS only early, based on numbers from last year.... pretty much nobody else except sponsored slots would get in. I catch grief every year on this, one way or another, so don't get your feelings hurt if I just plain don't answer an email or call from you if you are griping about it.

A couple of pre-match dates:

* May 1st is the last day to change your division please. We all know that sometimes circumstances beyond our control dictates that. However, we had several 'last minute' changes last year that created some "challenges" :) Any changes after that date will cost you. :devil: seriously....

* April 15th is the last day for refunds if you have to cancel from the match.

Few more notes:

* Prizes will be given out in your shooters bags at registration. Look closely because there will be some prizes too big for bags and you will have a number on a card in there to claim your prize at a separate table. This worked out great, getting everyone back on the road much earlier than in the past.

* Match fee is going up to 150, from 140 last year. 80 for Ladies and as always.... Juniors Shoot Free, thanks to Magnolia Rifle & Pistol Club!! This makes two years in a row for an increase but we still believe that it's a great deal for this match.

* Crawfish Boil will once again be Saturday night, probably around 6:30. That should give all squads time to finish for the day and get to the pavilion. We will not start eating until all squads are done shooting, it's the right thing to do. :goof: And once again we will have everyone get out from under the pavilion while they pour out the crawfish and side items. This makes it much easier for the chefs and safer so as nobody gets scalding hot mud bugs dumped on them. Anticipating bumping the crawfish up a couple hundred pounds. Might impact prizes a bit but the general consensus last year was sacrifice whatever you have to for more BUGS!!! :roflol: And a couple more tables as well.

We are truly looking forward to making this a fun filled weekend for everyone again!! Can't wait to see everyone in May!

If you have any questions please feel free to put them here or email me.

We'll see you soon! I'll post the day/time registration will open after we get confirmation on the dates from The Range.

Steve and Family

OKAY!!!!

Registration will go live this coming Thursday evening, January 7th. At 8PM CST.

I will post again or edit this post and put the link in before Thursday.

Spread the word, Registration begins Thursday Jan.7th at 8PM CST

As noted above...... I will post in this thread with the link to the registration form.

The Team Magnolia web site is in the process of being shut down currently. We will be utilizing FB for updates, etc and revamping a few other processes.

***** Correction, the fees WERE actually paid for another year so it will not be shut down prior to registration ******

But the move is being made to utilize FB or some other form of cyberspace communication. :)

Stay tuned..... :)

Edited by MrClean

As noted above...... I will post in this thread with the link to the registration form.

The Team Magnolia web site is in the process of being shut down currently. We will be utilizing FB for updates, etc and revamping a few other processes.

***** Correction, the fees WERE actually paid for another year so it will not be shut down prior to registration ******

But the move is being made to utilize FB or some other form of cyberspace communication. :)

Stay tuned..... :)

Which facebook page for updates?

Check(s) to MS Classic.

No FB page yet, as stated above.... efforts are being made.... :goof:

FedEx, UPS, USPS, Stuffed in my mailbox at wee hours of tonight...... just don't ring my doorbell or I'm letting the dog out to say hey. :roflol:

I'll probably put a box by the mailbox tonight in case the mailbox gets full.....