Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 Mississippi Classic

Mosher, shoot me an email and after this match I'll have a propper run book instead of all my chicken scratch. Will send budget as well.

What about that proposal from December that we swap some slots for the prize tables. I know you got have some sponsor slots or something held back for this year. I know that guy from the tv show his ass didn't drive his app to your house.

I could give that away quicker than shit at an upcoming local match, get some interest for folks who missed out a second chance event.

Lets swap some of those and we'll put some ms state steel and ms state 2017 slots on the prize table.

Deal?

Bump.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Random clown" oooooo, the burn.

Sorry, I don't know what to tell you, I don't know who you are.
mosher,

I met you and shot the 2013 Gator with you [and Mach1]. Enjoyed meeting and shooting with you. If I've seen you at a match since then, I've gone out of my way to come up and speak to you because I thought you were a good guy.

That's changed in the past 3 days.

You've done nothing but gripe and complain in this thread about things not being done the way YOU THINK they should be done. AND you've created this us/them (coast/those Jackson boys) aspect to this match .

Two men, who have been responsible for this Match for the past 16 years, have responded politely to your continued ranting. Steps have already been taken to "let you have your way" and let you run next year's state match the way YOU THINK it should be done. And yet you've still been complaining ( I contacted by email.... I offered... I thought.... I figured.... let me know if you ever come off that grudge, I'll save a spot for you...... can I get the budgets y'all have from the previous classics and the upcoming one?<-----This one is the best!

Talking about how we are do boys having a block party, social stuff, etc. Nothing but negativity and more bitching from you.

Your attitude is that of a spoiled child, hence my comment of you sounding like Kenneth Stokes.

I haven't seen anyone on this thread supporting or defending your complaints or gripes; specifically any of the shooters on the MS coast.

Additionally, if you want to talk about preparations for "your match" on BEnos, why don't you start your own thread and get off of this one?

This thread is for the 2016 Mississippi Classic.

next.

Edited by killab

I'd just like to remind folks this thread is about the 2016 Mississippi Classic. Discussions about other matches should be moved to another thread. Folks might get confused and think this is Telemundo or something.

2 major matches in MS would be freaking awesome!!! Maybe one day we could have a LA/MS co-major like the "Battle of the Boot" between Arkansas and LSU and add another major match to go with these 3. I certainly think the demand is there and plenty of clubs could help pitch in props and manpower and make it happen. Just thinking out loud;-)

Gump, how many apps did you carry up to Jackson? I'm hearing crazy numbers thrown around, I said lets just ask the man.

What do you mean "crazy numbers" thrown around? It was a hand full of apps. I didn't read it as each person must mail or deliver their own app, some just hitched a ride with me Thursday night since I was going and I didn't get the app before 8:00 that night in case anyone was wondering. Simply did what I thought was needed to guarantee I shoot this major match

Totally agree it's legit, don't take it wrong I was just curious. Everybody so touchy feely and defensive sheesh. Don't read into my question and misconstrue tone or intent Jesus Christ. If we've learned anything in the past three days, if I have a problem with you I'll let you know lol.

My envelope had 6.

How many apps did you bring up?

Edited by mosher

I think he said 27 were hand delivered, assuming that story stays the same of course, it's a moving target sometimes with that guy.

Obviously weren't that many in each one. That'd be a ton of people.

Sanders I'm assuming you had 2 right?

I'd just like to remind folks this thread is about the 2016 Mississippi Classic. Discussions about other matches should be moved to another thread. Folks might get confused and think this is Telemundo or something.

10-4. I'll stay on topic.

Totally agree it's legit, don't take it wrong I was just curious. Everybody so touchy geeky and sensitive sheesh.

My envelope had 6.

9 total including myself

I thought is was 41? Did you leave some of us out?

Totally agree it's legit, don't take it wrong I was just curious. Everybody so touchy geeky and sensitive sheesh.

My envelope had 6.

9 total including myself

I thought is was 41? Did you leave some of us out?

Your check bounced so I left yours out:-)

Mosher, shoot me an email and after this match I'll have a propper run book instead of all my chicken scratch. Will send budget as well.

What about that proposal from December that we swap some slots for the prize tables. I know you got have some sponsor slots or something held back for this year. I know that guy from the tv show his ass didn't drive his app to your house.

I could give that away quicker than shit at an upcoming local match, get some interest for folks who missed out a second chance event.

Lets swap some of those and we'll put some ms state steel and ms state 2017 slots on the prize table.

Deal?

Offer still stands. Let me know.

Ok. Since you seem to be all about open communication, I'll reluctantly jump back in.

Your name calling, immature jabs at other shooters in the state, and overall obvious disdain for Team Magnolia and its members is one of the most unsettling things I've experienced in this section.

It does NOTHING for this sport other than create rifts and conflict. For someone that purportedly wants a better state match, you sure are working hard in the other direction.

So far, you have pointed out no REAL issues with the match, no actual problems that need to be addressed, and only have solutions for imaginary conflicts.

The MS residents that want to shoot the match most likely got in. Registration isn't up to date, but it worked.

You don't like crawfish? Go to your hotel. You don't like prizes? Don't take one.

You say you "go to shooting matches to shoot"... Then do that, and get your head out of this BS. There is a level II in your state that allows you the opportunity to do so, against formidable competitors, who are also residents of your state. There is plenty of recognition for "state champions", and plenty of shooters from out of state to test your skill against.

Is the MS Classic perfect? Probably not, (and your match won't be either) But you handled your grievances inappropriately, and ended up with egg on your face.

I genuinely wish you luck with the state match next year. Hopefully some of the many folks you've insulted will still pitch in.

So far, you have pointed out no REAL issues with the match, no actual problems that need to be addressed, and only have solutions for imaginary conflicts.

Well ok then. It's just my imagination that there are shooters in MS who would like to shoot it but won't make it into the state match.

The MS residents that want to shoot the match most likely got in.

The ones you looking out for at least.

And we went from imaginary to well most likely in two sentences.

Registration isn't up to date, but it worked

How many apps did you turn in? Just a simple question. I sent in 6, Gump did 9.

Hopefully some of the many folks you've insulted will still pitch in.

People are more resilient than you realize. They'll get over it. If not, oh well.

Long hair, don't care.

Edited by mosher

Oh come on Steven, seriously?

Quit throwing around claims you can't substantiate just because your butthurt over how registration is conducted.

This is how we started, and I've substantiated every claim I've made along the way.

If you can't own it, that's ok. You might be a big guy, but not big enough to admit that I was right and made several substantiated claims along the way.

Is my delivery a little rough? Sure. Oops. Sorry bout that. If people want to hold grudge over that that's on them. Don't let it consume you.

You say it's creating a rift between shooters in the section, hey I said 7-8 pages back let it go but ya'll talked shit about me not substantiating my claims, I told y'all it wouldn't get any prettier. Here we are.

Look forward to squadding with you at A6.

In the spirit of open communications early yesterday I pretty much decided we were gonna take BPSA independent, mostly because the MS section has never done diddly poo for us, other than benefit from our activity credits.

I've asked on several occasions how many slots the section receives where they go, etc, can I see "the waiting list" and pretty much never get an answer. That just don't jive with my desire for openness and communication.

We going independent so that we can control the slots we generate, and I can sling some to LA or AL shooters that support our match.

Thought briefly about trying to rally the other coast clubs into creating a separate section, effectively have MS1 and MS2, etc, two section championships, etc. but decided on the Indy idea being best.

Does anybody got a problem with an Indy club hosting the ms state match?

If anybody has any feedback feel free.

Who have you been asking? I would think USPSA would tell you, our Section Coordinator is pretty good about responding, and I could have told you some of it. Nationals decides the slot policy each year based on the match capacity and national participation. Say they think they can run 400 shooters at the Production Nats (not counting staff, sponsors, and whatever other free slots are given out) and clubs have earned 40,000 activity credits nation wide. That would mean it would take 100 activity credits to earn one slot. I don't know the exact numbers, but given that the entire state earns between 2 and 8 slots to any given national match, I don't think your idea of forming your own section so you can "sling slots" is going to work out that well but good luck on making it rain.

But I would like to investigate why I didn't accept sponsorship or help from you. Please hit me up via email or call me if you'd like.

I been trying the contact privately via email thing for 3 years. Brick wall.

I get called out on this thread, so I conduct any and all business openly in this thread.

I'm all for open communication, visibility, and accountability. Not back room deals and back channel convos.

I don't recall ever getting a sponsorship offer that we didn't accept.... with one exception. We had someone that wanted to be a "Premier" sponsor, "Title Sponsor" or whatever you want to call it. I turned it down because I just don't like the idea for various reasons. And as far as not accepting an offer for help, I have told some folks over the years that we didn't need anymore. Simple because we usually fill up RO slots and such extremely fast. I try to have that list done even before registration opens (but I usually don't quite get it complete). If I snubbed you or anyone else, it was certainly unintentional and not because I 'don't want anything to do with someone'.

About 3-4 years ago I offered for BPSA to sponsor a stage and asked how that worked. You said y'all was set on sponsors filled up. Next go round I asked about doing a stage sponsor or something, throw $500 at y'all, put up a BPSA banner, and get 2 slots ($280 value) that we could award at BPSA using some sort of points series or random draw. Thought that would be nice, get some of our guys in who usually don't have a chance. You said you'd send me a sponsor letter never got it. I followed up you gave some sob story about being busy with a wedding or some shit. Excuses are for losers and coffee is for closers. I figured maybe I lowballed it and the $220 net wasn't worth your time. The next year I offered a bigger net said we might could swing 1k get 4 slots that's a $440 net. I never heard back.

$440 would've bought a lot of sausage.

Some point in all that around 2-3 years back I sent you and SC a note saying I was exploring a big match can I get a copy of ya'll budget for the classic so I can wrap my head around what I'm getting into. You pretty much said no.

Just this past December I sent you a message about swapping MS State Steel slots for MS classic slots of equal value to put on each other's prize tables. I thought that would be a cool thing to do for shooters in our state, and it's a zero sum cost proposition for both of us. I never heard back.

All this is probably coming as a surprise to many reading, both at your club and mine, because I don't put people on blast or run tell the Internet every time I sonething don't go my way.

I get called out on this thread and people talking shit so let's roll it all out and talk about all our business openly.

#TrueColors

I know a lot of your do boys up there were upset how the state steel match was run down here and cried like titty babies on the Internet about it, but haven't offered to lift a finger to improve it.

I wasn't affiliated with it, just shot it, saw some things I'd like to improve, so instead of bitching on the Internet I rolled up my sleeves and been doing something about it.

So you offered to trade slots in your match for slots in the MS Classic and no one got back to you on that? Slots of equal value? It's crazy how you keep reaching out to people and they keep ignoring you. I don't know you other than our communication in this thread and all I can say is that it can't be you so it MUST be them. You just keep up the good fight. We're all pulling for you now.

Well ok then. It's just my imagination that there are shooters in MS who would like to shoot it but won't make it into the state match.

The MS residents that want to shoot the match most likely got in.

The ones you looking out for at least.

And we went from imaginary to well most likely in two sentences.

Registration isn't up to date, but it worked

How many apps did you turn in? Just a simple question. I sent in 6, Gump did 9.

Hopefully some of the many folks you've insulted will still pitch in.

People are more resilient than you realize. They'll get over it. If not, oh well.

Long hair, don't care.

What MS residents, that printed out an app at 8PM, and mailed it the next morning didn't get in?

You don't know. No one does.... again unsubstantiated.

Who I "look out for" has nothing to do with this. Funny part is, I'd have turned one in for you had you asked.

You're out of line Mosher.

You know it, everyone that reads the thread knows it.

Again. I hope the match goes well next year.

In the spirit of open communications early yesterday I pretty much decided we were gonna take BPSA independent, mostly because the MS section has never done diddly poo for us, other than benefit from our activity credits.

I've asked on several occasions how many slots the section receives where they go, etc, can I see "the waiting list" and pretty much never get an answer. That just don't jive with my desire for openness and communication.

We going independent so that we can control the slots we generate, and I can sling some to LA or AL shooters that support our match.

Thought briefly about trying to rally the other coast clubs into creating a separate section, effectively have MS1 and MS2, etc, two section championships, etc. but decided on the Indy idea being best.

Does anybody got a problem with an Indy club hosting the ms state match?

If anybody has any feedback feel free.

Who have you been asking? I would think USPSA would tell you, our Section Coordinator is pretty good about responding, and I could have told you some of it. Nationals decides the slot policy each year based on the match capacity and national participation. Say they think they can run 400 shooters at the Production Nats (not counting staff, sponsors, and whatever other free slots are given out) and clubs have earned 40,000 activity credits nation wide. That would mean it would take 100 activity credits to earn one slot. I don't know the exact numbers, but given that the entire state earns between 2 and 8 slots to any given national match, I don't think your idea of forming your own section so you can "sling slots" is going to work out that well but good luck on making it rain.

But I would like to investigate why I didn't accept sponsorship or help from you. Please hit me up via email or call me if you'd like.

I been trying the contact privately via email thing for 3 years. Brick wall.

I get called out on this thread, so I conduct any and all business openly in this thread.

I'm all for open communication, visibility, and accountability. Not back room deals and back channel convos.

I don't recall ever getting a sponsorship offer that we didn't accept.... with one exception. We had someone that wanted to be a "Premier" sponsor, "Title Sponsor" or whatever you want to call it. I turned it down because I just don't like the idea for various reasons. And as far as not accepting an offer for help, I have told some folks over the years that we didn't need anymore. Simple because we usually fill up RO slots and such extremely fast. I try to have that list done even before registration opens (but I usually don't quite get it complete). If I snubbed you or anyone else, it was certainly unintentional and not because I 'don't want anything to do with someone'.

About 3-4 years ago I offered for BPSA to sponsor a stage and asked how that worked. You said y'all was set on sponsors filled up. Next go round I asked about doing a stage sponsor or something, throw $500 at y'all, put up a BPSA banner, and get 2 slots ($280 value) that we could award at BPSA using some sort of points series or random draw. Thought that would be nice, get some of our guys in who usually don't have a chance. You said you'd send me a sponsor letter never got it. I followed up you gave some sob story about being busy with a wedding or some shit. Excuses are for losers and coffee is for closers. I figured maybe I lowballed it and the $220 net wasn't worth your time. The next year I offered a bigger net said we might could swing 1k get 4 slots that's a $440 net. I never heard back.

$440 would've bought a lot of sausage.

Some point in all that around 2-3 years back I sent you and SC a note saying I was exploring a big match can I get a copy of ya'll budget for the classic so I can wrap my head around what I'm getting into. You pretty much said no.

Just this past December I sent you a message about swapping MS State Steel slots for MS classic slots of equal value to put on each other's prize tables. I thought that would be a cool thing to do for shooters in our state, and it's a zero sum cost proposition for both of us. I never heard back.

All this is probably coming as a surprise to many reading, both at your club and mine, because I don't put people on blast or run tell the Internet every time I sonething don't go my way.

I get called out on this thread and people talking shit so let's roll it all out and talk about all our business openly.

#TrueColors

I know a lot of your do boys up there were upset how the state steel match was run down here and cried like titty babies on the Internet about it, but haven't offered to lift a finger to improve it.

I wasn't affiliated with it, just shot it, saw some things I'd like to improve, so instead of bitching on the Internet I rolled up my sleeves and been doing something about it.

So you offered to trade slots in your match for slots in the MS Classic and no one got back to you on that? Slots of equal value? It's crazy how you keep reaching out to people and they keep ignoring you. I don't know you other than our communication in this thread and all I can say is that it can't be you so it MUST be them. You just keep up the good fight. We're all pulling for you now.

So that's a no on the slot trade.

Thanks for the answer.

Oh come on Steven, seriously?

Quit throwing around claims you can't substantiate just because your butthurt over how registration is conducted.

This is how we started, and I've substantiated every claim I've made along the way.

If you can't own it, that's ok. You might be a big guy, but not big enough to admit that I was right and made several substantiated claims along the way.

Is my delivery a little rough? Sure. Oops. Sorry bout that. If people want to hold grudge over that that's on them. Don't let it consume you.

You say it's creating a rift between shooters in the section, hey I said 7-8 pages back let it go but ya'll talked shit about me not substantiating my claims, I told y'all it wouldn't get any prettier. Here we are.

Look forward to squadding with you at A6.

Mosher,

Where you cooked up this animosity I have no idea.

There is nothing for me to "own", and I haven't and won't talk S***.

You claimed people got apps early.... They didn't.

You made a snide comment about people getting stages early... They dont'

You rant about MS residents not getting into the match.... No proof.

Again. You're out of line. Plain and simple.

Good luck at A6. Should be a good time.

What MS residents, that printed out an app at 8PM, and mailed it the next morning didn't get in?

You don't know. No one does.... again unsubstantiated.

I know a few at our club that didn't ever bother risking the $20 overnight fee when the time and method of registration was announced because they felt it was setup to be rigged against them, and they're right. Heavily favors the local guys.

Hell, we get new shooters steadily streaming into our club match every month and people scared to tell them about MS classic registration is opening to them because it's a waste of time trying to get in for them, and even if they are persistent about it that's just more competition for a slot In Byram that's not a problem because everybody gets in easy. How that good for the sport?

Who I "look out for" has nothing to do with this.

I'm looking out for all the shooters in our state, especially the newer ones.

I'm not a sponsor do boy that lost sight of that.

#TrueColors

Funny part is, I'd have turned one in for you had you asked.

I know you would've. And I'd never ask, because that does the new shooter who started at our club two months ago no good. I have to look him and others like him in the eye with a straight face when they ask how to get in the state match.

You have to know the right people is a shitty answer.

When I started this sport several years ago, one of the first things I noticed was the favoritism and I made a promise to myself that I'd never be a part of it.

I stay true to that promise.

You're out of line Mosher.

Depends on who's drawing the line. I'm not walking the same one your on.

You know it, everyone that reads the thread knows it.

I'm okay with that.

Ok, I have been following this thread since it started and I for one think there are some folks that are totally out of line.

To start with, a little back ground. I have shot this match since the very first one that the late Glen Whitfield organized and held in October of 1996. I only know of one other shooter that can claim that distinction, such as it is. I was not an RO because either the rules or Glen's personal preference was that only people who had gone through the Level 1 Seminar would be RO's. Did not bother me. I was still out there helping build props and repair stuff to put the match on, because it was a first and I wanted it to succeed. We had a total of 49 competitors. Since then this match has grown in popularity not because of a crawfish boil, but because it is a well run match with challenging stages and good people putting it together. I have been an RO in this match since 1997 and a CRO on a stage since 1998, and again I only know of one other shooter who can claim that. For several years I was the match Treasurer and took in all the entry fees and wrote all the checks to pay for everything. I am out there every year for the work nights and work days to build and repair all the props to get ready for the match. I think I can say I know what goes on to put on a match like this.

First you need someone dedicated enough to step up and be the MD. We have been fortunate enough to have several. Dan Miller, Hank Stern, Jack Harrington, Bryant Chaffin, John Heiter and Steve Roberts. Without those guys hard work you do not get a match that fills up like ours. It has grown each year since the first, and if we had more space it would be even larger.

Second, you need a dedicated group of folks that will come out to the range after working their regular job all day and spend two or three hours repairing, building and generally getting things ready.

Third, you need that same group of people ready to come out on Tuesday night when the range closes and start hauling stuff out to the various bays, so that on Wednesday morning they can come out again and spend all day in the heat setting up stages and do it all again on Thursday. That does not include going around and cleaning up the range and just general housekeeping so that the competitors arrive late Friday or early Sat to see a pristine range ready to go.

Most of those same folks will then shoot all the stages on Friday, so they can go out and spend all day Sat and Sun working as RO's for the regular competitors. Know what they get for all that work? A reduced entry fee and the thanks of the shooters who are courteous enough to tell them so when they finish their stage. Oh, I forgot, if they have the energy on Sunday they can pick up the brass on their stage and split it up.

All that said, Mosher I wish you the best of luck in running the 2017 MS State Championship. You asked for it and it is yours. If you need any advice or have questions about the match, feel free to ask. You can e-mail me at patdeberry6gun@yahoo.com. If I know the answer I will tell you, if not I will try and find out.

Just remember this, Be careful what you wish for, you may get it. And you have.

Mosher,

Based on this thread, you have the single worst attitude I've encountered in the sport so far. "Do boys"? (Whatever that means) "faggots"?...

Personal attacks on me and what I have "lost sight of"??

Snide remarks about Team Magnolia members, and the people that work hard to put on the Classic?

Everyone I know involved with this match and Team Mag will do anything we can to help out new shooters, up to and including helping them get into the match.

I'd like to say you've done more in this thread to damage the match and MS USPSA than any registration process could ever do....

But the reality is you're only damaging yourself.

You talk about new shooters. How about the ones that pass by and read your comments? How about the juniors here that are looking for information on the match?

How would you feel if you had a kid looking into shooting the state match and all he found is a loudmouth online calling people "faggots" and "do boys".

I held you as a much, much more mature person, and one that I considered a friend in the shooting community.

You've dug your own hole, and I get it.... It's hard to quit digging, but don't expect people to jump in with you.

Be a man. Cut it out, and go dry fire or something.