Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

And now a pacemaker...

techj

Well in 2014 it was Prostate Cancer, then earlier this year a hiatal hernia and this past Friday I had a pacemaker put in...at 56 it's got to be the miles and not the years!

Just really screws up my ability to shoot or even to reload for another 6 weeks and then I have to slowly (what do doctors know?) build up my strength and endurance again.

About the only good news is that my wife feels so bad for what I've been going through is that after I recover I get to buy another gun....makes it (almost) worthwhile :surprise:.​

Take your time and heal. I've had a defibrillator and pacemaker combo since March 2003. The hardest thing to learn is not push yourself too hard if each stage has a par time. The second hardest thing for me to learn was to shoot long guns left handed when they had to move the defibrillator/pacemaker to the right side of my chest. I spent six weeks going to a range and bench shooting left handed in order to learn to manipulate the controls and work through malfunctions.

Appreciate the encourgaement and good words....will this make me a good enough shooter to make the nationals? :devil:.

I'm just anxious to be able to shoot speed steel (even with a 22) and then IDPA/PP.