Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Canik TP9SFX - legit competition gun?

EngineerEli

Hey all,

So I saw a very brief blurb in the most recent American Riflemen mentioning this new gun, and prompted some research. Seems like they filled the wants and needs of just about everyone for a production, or carry optics gun! Surprisingly seems like it has it all...

Features:

3-4lb SAO Striker Fired (Decocker-less)

5.1" Barrel

Optics Ready

Ported Slide (not barrel)

Front cocking serations

Exchangeable back straps
Warren Tactical Fiber Optic front sight and black rear

Claims great accuracy (2.5 inch groups at 25 meters for 60,000 rounds guaranteed)

Cool looking (duo - tone option)

Supposedly good track record with the original TP9SA

Reasonable price (MSRP $540)

So what do people think? Anyone have any experience with one yet???

tp9-sfx-list-16-67.jpg

Century arms (importer) Video: (good info, 'funny' guy...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldWw1KJiyOk

Link to an initial review:

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2015/10/12/century-arms-shows-off-a-peoples-race-gun-the-tp9sfx/

Video:

https://gunsmagazine.com/tp9sfx-uncomplicates-competition-shooting/

Edited by EngineerEli

I have talked with Century Arms and it looks like I will have one before too long.

I will run it like I stole it and report back. Please subscribe to my youtube channel....it really helps!

Thanks

I look forward to the review! Hopefully you do the SPS first though... :goof:

I have talked with Century Arms and it looks like I will have one before too long.

I will run it like I stole it and report back. Please subscribe to my youtube channel....it really helps!

Thanks

I look forward to the review! Hopefully you do the SPS first though... :goof:

I "plan" on Jan 2 or 3 for the SPS....I just hope the roads are clear it ain't below 20*

Fantastic!!! This is the gun I have wanted since I got my Canik TP9SA. I have been running a standard TP9SA for about 6 months for 3 gun and love it, but this new one if it runs like the one I have now will be just what I've been hoping for.

Van

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I agree exactly with Patricks review. Mine had the sights off, no big deal. But the gun ran fine and the trigger was surprisingly good. I sold mine only because it didn't fit my tiny hands.

Mine did come through with a stripped allen screw in the rear sight. But Century took care of that under warranty and had it back to me in a week; that included shipping time.

I'd like to see the target model. It won't fit me but I'd like to see and fondle one.

• 1 month later...

Not to be downer but parts for Caniks through Century are a problem. I had one of the TP9SF pistols which ran 100% and shot to point of aim. I called Century to purchase a spare recoil spring because they do wear out and I wanted a spare. They told me their parts are only for warranty work and I couldn't purchase one. Really? I think I will stick with my CZs which have parts available. Also with the Century original owner warranty what if you are the second owner and you need parts?

• 10 months later...
On 3/29/2016 at 9:47 PM, P.E. Kelley said:

THANK YOU!

Anyone heard of a 140mm base pad that will fit so it can run in CO?  I got mine yesterday and the trigger is pretty dang good. I put a lot of money in a Glock to make it that good.