Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rotator cuff surgery

I had an injury recently and require surgery to my left shoulder.

The surgeon is saying 8 weeks in a sling followed by pysical therapy.

This seriously puts a dent in my shooting. I guess I'll just practice alot of strong hand only shooting.

Anyone else go thru this and have any advise to speed recovery?

Edited by Willz

I've had both shoulders done. Do the home PT you get prescribed. Don't get into the "I'll do it later/tomorrow" thing. At the other end of the spectrum don't do more than what your doc says. That is the quick route to a longer recovery.

I've had both shoulders done. Do the home PT you get prescribed. Don't get into the "I'll do it later/tomorrow" thing. At the other end of the spectrum don't do more than what your doc says. That is the quick route to a longer recovery.

Full tears in both shoulders. Right (dominant) repaired. took almost a year. I second Neomet's advice. Still have to get the left done, been putting it off for several years.

Full tears in both shoulders. Right (dominant) repaired. took almost a year. I second Neomet's advice. Still have to get the left done, been putting it off for several years.

I've had 3 shoulder surgeries. The third one took over a year and a half to recover from. Follow the above advice, it's as good as gold. And keep that arm immobilized even when you don't want to!

If I am having a partial tear fixed in my left shoulder on Jan 22, 2016. Should I not plan to shoot the SS and Revolver Nationals the first week in May? Probably a dumb question but I can always hope. I am right handed.