Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry optics sub forum

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally got the chance to shoot a slide mounted optics gun (RMRed Glock) for the first time last weekend and really liked it. Will definitely be picking one up soon. Just trying to decide whether to get the G34 MOS or a regular G17 and have the slide milled. I wish they would allow conversion barrels, then I'd get a .40 and shoot 9mm for Carry Optics.

So you think ROs are capable of counting to 10, but not 15 :o;)

We'd have to take our shoes off to do that. :roflol:

NRA America's 1st Freedom covers USPSA's Carry Optics: CLICK

Would be nice If they had a little more about the new rules. Now we will be getting people showing up with over weight guns wanting to play get shoved into Open Minor. That sounds real good for the "Growth" of the sport.

What happens when someone shows up with their (illegal/non-conforming) Carry Optics gun? Do we allow them to compete in Carry Optics without proper equipment or do we bump them to open minor?

On a plus side, they got the fact that you can only load 10 per magazine but whoops how many people have 4 or more mag pouches on their carry rigs? I remember that the weight limit had something to do with what people actually carried. How many people carry 5 Magazines with their carry rigs?

Isn't it great that this crap gets put out their without even a link to the actual rules. How about some more direction towards where to find out about getting started shooting in these fun GAMES. This is not tactical optics, it isn't carry optics. It is a fun game where we shoot real guns with real bullets but no one is going to carry all the crap we have on at a match.

Another Ball dropped by HQ.

As far as weight goes I have s bigger question. How do I keep this straight at a local match? I don't have scales, boxes etc

Would be nice If they had a little more about the new rules. Now we will be getting people showing up with over weight guns wanting to play get shoved into Open Minor. That sounds real good for the "Growth" of the sport.

What happens when someone shows up with their (illegal/non-conforming) Carry Optics gun? Do we allow them to compete in Carry Optics without proper equipment or do we bump them to open minor?

On a plus side, they got the fact that you can only load 10 per magazine but whoops how many people have 4 or more mag pouches on their carry rigs? I remember that the weight limit had something to do with what people actually carried. How many people carry 5 Magazines with their carry rigs?

Isn't it great that this crap gets put out their without even a link to the actual rules. How about some more direction towards where to find out about getting started shooting in these fun GAMES. This is not tactical optics, it isn't carry optics. It is a fun game where we shoot real guns with real bullets but no one is going to carry all the crap we have on at a match.

As far as weight goes I have s bigger question. How do I keep this straight at a local match? I don't have scales, boxes etc

isn't it mandatory to follow the rules as a level 1 match? if you don't have scales, a box or chronograph do you enforce the rules?

isn't it mandatory to follow the rules as a level 1 match? if you don't have scales, a box or chronograph do you enforce the rules?

And how do you know if someone is making major/minor? How do you know the production guns aren't over 2 oz's above listed weight? How do you know that equipment is within rule specifications? Do you check all this other stuff at local matches or are you just going to worry about the CO weight limit?

Edited by Bigbadaboom

And how do you know if someone is making major/minor? How do you know the production guns aren't over 2 oz's above listed weight? How do you know that equipment is within rule specifications? Do you check all this other stuff at local matches or are you just going to worry about the CO weight limit?
just PO

I figure if someone wants to win a level I match so bad that they will cheat in regards to PF, weight, or other equipment rules, they must have a meaningless life and I pity them.

I figure if someone wants to win a level I match so bad that they will cheat in regards to PF, weight, or other equipment rules, they must have a meaningless life and I pity them.
Amen! I try to mention the Yugo that nobody is going to win in every shooters meeting!

I just removed to the Admin forum some posts that ventured into allusions of slander.

Repeat instances will be awarded a 30 day time-out.

Pretty creative interpretation of slander, but whatever.

Back on topic

Well, technically it is libel if written. Back on topic...

It has to be false and injurious for it to be either. Truth is an absolute defense to both

Edited by elguapo

From the September 10 USPSA Down Range mailer:
"Carry Optics Division
USPSA
We just discovered a bug in EzWinScore 4.14 that causes PractiScore imports with Carry Optics to fail. We apologize for the error, and we will have a maintenance update available in a day or two. Until then, register Carry Optics competitors in Open division as a workaround. "

Took deliver on a M&P Ported 5" yesterday. Mounted a Burris FFIII and checked the weight with an empty mag. 1lb. 12.4 oz. That leaves plenty of room for a non-ported barrel that will still make weight. It seems safe to assume that will be a legal option in the near future. Until then, I have my CZ P-01 in the shop getting an action and trigger job.

Edited by WaltonFeep

If the mag limit stays at 10, is there any reason to actually have the 141mm basepad extensions? Anyone considering just running the production legal basepads instead?

The only benefit I see is if you run the same type gun in limited that you could swap your basepads back and forth to cut costs down.

If the mag limit stays at 10, is there any reason to actually have the 141mm basepad extensions? Anyone considering just running the production legal basepads instead?

The only benefit I see is if you run the same type gun in limited that you could swap your basepads back and forth to cut costs down.

Maybe faster reloads with basepad extensions. Also another way to add a little weight to get closer to 35oz.

Maybe faster reloads with basepad extensions. Also another way to add a little weight to get closer to 35oz.

true, before jumping in fully to 141 basepads I'll need to weight out the gun with optic and other production goods before adding the base pad to see how much weight I can play with. I honestly was not even thinking about that part. :X

The benefit of 141 mag size.....The extensions give me something to grab onto. The stock Glock mags are short and no base.per se.

Shot my first CO match last night. RMR07 cut into the slide of Glock 34 Gen 4. I only had time to fire about 20 rounds before the match. I put a 13LB recoil spring in-- bad mistake.Had numerous failure to feeds. The recoil spring did not have enough force to feed every round.

I put a Vanek production legal drop in (Not sure that was worth the money). I had shot the 20 rounds with the stock gen 4 recoil spring and had no FTF. I am going to return to the stock recoil spring. I actually liked the recoil impulse of the gen 4 spring.

I was shootIng 147 FP that chrono'd at 128 at Nationals and ran 100% in my ACCUShadow. So ammo was not an issue.

The bottom line....I think CO will be fun and challenging.