Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from north Alabama

Rick1961

Hello all,

I've been following this forum for about two years now and I finally decided to join. It's really helped me out with several reloading and shooting tips. I really appreciate all the great information here.

I'm interested in all kinds of shooting, hunting, and reloading. I've been reloading since the late 80s and load all our (wife and I) ammo except for 22 and shotgun. My reloading equipment ranges from a little Lee hand press up to a Hornady LnL AP and a Redding T-7. No Blue...yet! Also, I hope to get a shot shell loader next year. Currently I load 9mm, 38 Special, 45 acp, 10 mm, 44 mag, .223, 7mm-08, 30-30, and 300 blk. I hope to expand that list to 45 Colt and 6.5 Creedmoor when I acquire those firearms. My wife and I have several handguns, rifles, shotguns, and even a couple of air rifles. Someday I would like to get back into archery (30 years since I had a bow) and black powder (love the old Hawken rifles and cap and ball revolvers!).

I love to watch gun shows on TV (3 Gun Nation, Shooting USA, etc.) but I doubt I would ever compete because of health reasons and being a caregiver to my elderly mother. There's just not enough hours in the day! I used to like hunting shows but the newer ones have too much loud music playing in the background. We're lucky to live out in the country and have a 200 acre farm where we can shoot or hunt any chance we can get. I did shoot a couple of matches way back in the mid 80s when I lived in Ohio. It was a blast but I can tell you was nothing like it is now just from reading about it here and watching it on TV. An item on my bucket list is to just see a match in person! Our favorite pastime is shooting potatoes, cans, etc. with our 22s or with our Henry Big Boy or maybe a little squirrel hunting. Don't laugh but of all the guns we have my favorite to carry in the woods is my little H&R 490 Topper Jr 20 ga single shot! I think that has a lot to do with my Dad giving it to me on my 8th birthday back in the late 60s. Thanks Dad!

Thanks for a great forum!

Rick

Welcome Rick!

Join us out at Cavern Cove in Woodville, AL with the Rocket City Practical Shooters. You can shoot or watch anything from USPSA, IDPA, Speed Steel, 3Gun, etc. Pick your poison. Great group of people and a ton of fun.

Rick...we are shooting a Rifle only match this Saturday (12/19/15) at Cavern Cove. We will score using USPSA hit factor scoring so accuracy will be in order. You can shoot any 223/308 or a rimfire rifle. Pistol caliber rifles allowed too. If you aren't busy, come out and introduce yourself...we'll be glad to get you going. We shoot some type of match every Saturday.

Mark,

Thanks for the invitation. I would love to be there but Saturday is one of the days of the week I have to care for my mother. She has to have someone with her 24/7. My sister is also a caregiver and her day is Sunday. I think maybe I could swap days with her some weekend after the first of the year and make it up there on a Saturday. Also, I checked out the range website. Looks like a lot of fun! I didn't know you were that close to me. I live just about 15 minutes south of Guntersville.

Rick