Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pistol Caliber Carbine. (PCC)

DocMedic

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a discussion point in the last board meeting minutes.

I believe the discussion was for Steel Challenge and then the discussion got carried on into USPSA.

It would be very interesting for sure. i wonder if there will be power factor and sbr's allowed if it happens.

Edited by d_striker

What's stopping someone from using a pcc in Uspsa open currently?

The rules.
Pretty sure this same discussion (kinda, the guy wanted to use a AR pistol) already happened, and there is no rule barring the use of a rifle style-pistol... a real PCC naturally would be illegal as it is a rifle not a handgun, but I think the only thing that prevents you from using a rifle style pistol is the lack of a holster that will retain the gun during vigorous movement... mags of the proper length would likely be an issue as well (maybe the CZ scorpion 20 rounders with the extended basepads?)

The rules.
Pretty sure this same discussion (kinda, the guy wanted to use a AR pistol) already happened, and there is no rule barring the use of a rifle style-pistol... a real PCC naturally would be illegal as it is a rifle not a handgun, but I think the only thing that prevents you from using a rifle style pistol is the lack of a holster that will retain the gun during vigorous movement... mags of the proper length would likely be an issue as well (maybe the CZ scorpion 20 rounders with the extended basepads?)

What division would the shooter declare?

The rules.

What division would the shooter declare?

Take off the muzzle device and shoot limited mag depending. Or add a dot and shoot open with a comp.

This is probably the biggest reason that a rule change will need to be made:

5.1.10 Handguns with shoulder stocks and/or fore grips of any kind are prohibited.

Since there is no carbine division, the shooter cannot comply with this:

6.2.3 Prior to the commencement of a match, each competitor must declare one Division for score. Match Officials should check holsters and other competitor equipment for compliance with the declared Division prior to the competitor making an attempt at any of the courses of fire.

And if you get past that, since a holster is probably not practical, all stages in the match would have to be table starts.

A holster could be practical, (dont you see the picture? That ciuld work!) all it has to do is fully cover the trigger guard and retain the handgun. "Fore grips" to me is in reference to a vertical grip, which is illegal without a tax stamp anyway. So why not just declare open?

A holster could be practical, (dont you see the picture? That ciuld work!) all it has to do is fully cover the trigger guard and retain the handgun. "Fore grips" to me is in reference to a vertical grip, which is illegal without a tax stamp anyway. So why not just declare open?

What about the shoulder stock?

ETA: I believe that the picture shows an AR pistol. I thought we were talking carbines?

Edited by ChuckS

Yeah the thread was about pcc I figured AR type gun in Uspsa was close enough to bring up

Running just a buffer tube or sig brace no stock.I would think Handguard should be legal unless it has a foregrip on it.

Edited by Garmil

223 and 300 blackout wont make minor, so if you are wanting to run those calibers in a pistol format it would be for no score. And I believe there is a rule about damaging steel targets, but not sure. PCC does sound fun though.

223 and 300 blackout wont make minor, so if you are wanting to run those calibers in a pistol format it would be for no score. And I believe there is a rule about damaging steel targets, but not sure. PCC does sound fun though.

Some .223 from a 16 inch or less barrel won't make the 3 gun/multi-gun cutoff of 150 for minor.

I don't know anything about .300 BO's power factor.

Making 125 shouldn't be a problem for either, I would think.

Chills, must be at least 9mm to make minor

Yeah, if you go by the existing pistol rules for minimum diameter. I was kinda under the impression that this thread was about like a whole new division with its own new rules.

Sorry...I was corn-fused. :goof: