Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pistol Caliber Carbine. (PCC)

DocMedic

One of the main scoring issues I see is if its going to have major/minor or all the same PF floor.

I hope they take in consideration that they're not alot of 40cal and up PCC being produce these days, while we can load some of them to 9 Major to achieve Major PF, it would in the long run not be good for the firearm, so I would hope they just make in Minor PF, and besides with the extra long sight radius those A shots shouldn't be hard to hit :)

I just got done measuring one of my sig MPX magizine, and its over 220mm for the magazine that comes with it. I don't honestly think the 10 Round mag would fit under 140mm as it uses the 20 round body.

I was really discussing more about limit to equalize the magazine advantage that other PCC platforms have or another. From my understanding I've seen 4 common PCC magazine that could be used;

Colt 9mm Carbine mags = 32 Rounds

CZ Scorpion EVO = 30 Rounds

SIG MPX = 30 Rounds

Official Glock mags = 33 Rounds

Now I've heard of a PCC that will use a M&P mags (Kel-tec) and seen one upper reciever that will take a 1911/2011 frame so you could use your STI/SVI mags on also.

Edited by DocMedic

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9,40,45 makes the most practical sense. While I'd like to shoot my M1 Carbine, my local club has an indoor range that won't allow magnum handgun or M1 Carbine, to prolong the life of the backstop. As far as it being a handgun caliber, there used to be a 45-70 revolver, but I don't think we want it in PCC.

The biggest common Glock mag is the 33rd. mag. Maybe make that the maximum? 32rd. Colt, MP5, Uzi, & Sten mags are common. Should mags be carried at the belt or by other means?

This is probably against some forum rule and will get me kicked of Enos. But here goes the 10 seconds it gets to stay up. With all the bickering on here about the PCC and Welfare optics, truth is we are all lucky that we can shoot anything. The country is changing and we are out numbered. Get out and vote because if Hilary gets in office your going to be shooting airsoft and arguing about that. I have shot airsoft and it sucks.

PCC would be a good place to shoot a Glock pistol with 30 round mag. That could be fun.

Do you one better, let me introduce the Mech-Tech

glock_full_full-tfb.jpeg

For the price of another glock you can have a Upper that will fit on a Glock Lower and transform it into a PCC.

Edited by DocMedic

PCC would be a good place to shoot a Glock pistol with 30 round mag. That could be fun.

A pistol isn't a carbine is it? If it is then I am even more confused. lol

Nope. But unless they put in a rule that says no pistols in that division, I could see someone doing it. Sort of like shooting irons in CO.

glock_full_full-tfb.jpeg

For the price of another glock you can have a Upper that will fit on a Glock Lower and transform it into a PCC.

I have no interest in shooting rifles at a pistol match.

glock_full_full-tfb.jpeg

...Yet

...Yet

Ever... When I first started shooting USPSA I thought it would have been cool. That was back when I sucked at shooting pistols.

Now I suck a little less and like the challenge of them. Hitting targets inside 25 yards with a rifle is not much of a challenge.

I think it would be great for kids, young girls, and those that suck at shooting pistols though. :devil:

Edited by d_striker

A pistol isn't a carbine is it? If it is then I am even more confused. lol

Nope. But unless they put in a rule that says no pistols in that division, I could see someone doing it. Sort of like shooting irons in CO.

Ah... Well played

glock_full_full-tfb.jpeg

...Yet

Ever. There are matches for rifles.

...Yet

Ever... When I first started shooting USPSA I thought it would have been cool. That was back when I sucked at shooting pistols.

Now I suck a little less and like the challenge of them. Hitting targets inside 25 yards with a rifle is not much of a challenge.

I think it would be great for kids, young girls, and those that suck at shooting pistols though. :devil:

I like shooting pistols, rifles, shotguns. I like shooting guns period.

...Yet

I like shooting pistols, rifles, shotguns. I like shooting guns period.

I was just teasing DocMedic.

In all seriousness, I say let's keep adding divisions. Production 15 here we come!

Hombre chill out dude. It gonna become a division, simple as that. One thing I can say about USPSA as an organization it is the safest that I've shot with. They will make it work, you might call your Doc in the morning and get him to adjust you medication. I can't believe you threatened multiple people on here, that's just stupid.

I'm actually not on any medication, but thanks for taking a personal swipe at me! I havnt threatened anyone, I've just said I'm not gonna let weak rules compromise my well being.

Weak dude,,, weak.

You pretty clearly threatened me and changed your post ... multiple times ... when I and others called you on it.

Tthen you repeatedly threatened anyone who would hypothetically muzzle you with a 'dead stick' rifle.

Now you are changing those posts to cover your ill-advised statements.

Own it.

Edited by Beastly

... and Sig MPX +10 Pads from DP.

Is that the Springer Precision +10 MPX extension or is Dawson making one as well now?

Having a reliable 40 rounds to run with on stages would be great for sure. With the MPX of course it ships with 30 round magazines that don't have a pistol equivalent so whatever we do please don't stick us with a 140mm or 170mm restriction.