Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 Law Enforcement Multigun National Championship

Here is the latest.

The registration is open for the LAW ENFORCEMENT MULTIGUN NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP, brought to you by the Tactical Performance Center at the Southern Utah Practical Shooting Range. It will be held on September 23-25, 2016. It is open to all Law Enforcement Officers (Federal, State, County, City, Military, Jails, and Prisons). There will be two divisions; Practical and Patrol. Armalite is the Division Sponsor for Practical and DoubleTap Ammunition is the Division Sponsor for Patrol. The cost is $100.

Individual match registration link:

https://practiscore.com/tpc-law-enforcement-multigun-national-championship/register

TPC Law Enforcement Multigun National Championship
Multigun National Championship for Law Enforcement Officers.

Team match registration link: (This portion of the match hasn't been officially announced yet but the link is up.)

https://practiscore.com/tpc-law-enforcement-team-multigun-championship/register

TPC Law Enforcement Team Multigun Championship
This is the Team Match that runs concurrently with the TPC Law Enforcement Multigun National Championship.

It will be 9 stages for the individual match. There will be a team match that runs concurrently and it will be 3-5 more stages (some tag team and some melee style). Sunday will be a shorter shooting day to incorporate awards and prize table. There will be numerous LEO vendor and dealers present for the entire match. I will have a lot more information by Shot Show. Patrol Division will be for those shooting duty or swat equipment only. Practical Division will be for competition guns and belts or anything not specifically carried in LEO duties. It is similar to Practical, TacOps, or Limited in USPSA or 3GN. Open/Unlimited gear is not allowed (no comps or optics on pistol or shotguns, etc). I can get you the entire ruleset when it is finalized. The match will be built for reasonable engagement distances for LEO. Rifle will likely be less than 200 yards, shotgun doable for a smooth bore SBS, and pistol 3-25 yards. It will be held at the Southern Utah Practical Shooting Range, the same range as the 2015 & 2106 3GN Western Regional Championship, 2014 USPSA Nationals, Hard as Hell Multigun, Southwest Multigun Championship, and numerous other major handgun and multigun matches. The range is about 10 minutes away from St. George, UT and about 1.5 hours North of Las Vegas.

Why a match for LEO only when LEO are in every match I attend? Not complaining, just asking -Why?

That is a great question. The answer is quite complex. I would expect most major and local shooting competitions contain a number of LEO competitors. I would also venture to say this number is less than 5% of the total shooters. It is difficult to explain to a competition shooter why LEO don't shoot more competitions, it is only logical for us. Unfortunately, the answer appears to be pride. It is very difficult to place LEO in an arena where they are expected to be the best, yet it is rarely the case.

I have spent the last 5 years in an attempt to get more LEO competing. I have found the majority are more likely to compete when they are going against other LEO. I am the match director of the Utah Peace Officer Association Multigun Championship. I began this match in 2014 with an attendance of 60 LEO shooters. This number went to 80 in 2015 and is currently at 115 for 2016. I wouldn't not have been able to get 1/4 of these numbers if the match wasn't restrict to LEO only. There is a majority of these officers that will now compete in other non-LEO matches, they just needed to get a taste (addicted). The intent of the LEO Multigun National Championship is to increase the attendance of LEO in firearms competition, provide a scale in which to determine the best LEO shooters/teams in the country, and grant visibility to sponsors that are in the LE market.

We usually run the LEO Multigun matches soon after for non-LEO. The stages are already set up. The only difference is we allow all divisions; Unlimited, Practical, Heavy, and Factory).

Why a match for LEO only when LEO are in every match I attend? Not complaining, just asking -Why?

That is a great question. The answer is quite complex. I would expect most major and local shooting competitions contain a number of LEO competitors. I would also venture to say this number is less than 5% of the total shooters. It is difficult to explain to a competition shooter why LEO don't shoot more competitions, it is only logical for us. Unfortunately, the answer appears to be pride. It is very difficult to place LEO in an arena where they are expected to be the best, yet it is rarely the case.

I have spent the last 5 years in an attempt to get more LEO competing. I have found the majority are more likely to compete when they are going against other LEO. I am the match director of the Utah Peace Officer Association Multigun Championship. I began this match in 2014 with an attendance of 60 LEO shooters. This number went to 80 in 2015 and is currently at 115 for 2016. I wouldn't not have been able to get 1/4 of these numbers if the match wasn't restrict to LEO only. There is a majority of these officers that will now compete in other non-LEO matches, they just needed to get a taste (addicted). The intent of the LEO Multigun National Championship is to increase the attendance of LEO in firearms competition, provide a scale in which to determine the best LEO shooters/teams in the country, and grant visibility to sponsors that are in the LE market.

We usually run the LEO Multigun matches soon after for non-LEO. The stages are already set up. The only difference is we allow all divisions; Unlimited, Practical, Heavy, and Factory).

He hit the nail on the head......

Are you using NRA TPC rules?

That is a good question. It will NOT be using Tactical Police Competition rules. The safety rules are about the same as TPC, USPSA, and 3GN. The scoring is more like 3GN, one A/B zone or two anywhere on target neutralizes. TPC rules feel very "IDPAish" and overly restrictive. There will be no scenario based or blind stages; it is purely speed, accuracy, and weapon manipulation. The Patrol Division in the LEO MG Nationals is very similar to TPC Patrol Division. This Practical Division is more similar to the Practical Division in 3GN.

The "TPC" in the title represents the Tactical Performance Center, which is a training facility at the Southern Utah Practical Shooting Range. Tactical Performance Center is the Title Sponsor for the match. I apologize for the confusion.

Will you post the link to the rules or is there a website?

There are still a couple items in the rules that need to be ironed out regarding gear. The debate is actually duty gear (possible STI Tactical 2011s and semi-auto shotguns) vs. a level playing field (pump shotguns only) for Patrol Division. Send me an IM with your email and I'll get you the ruleset when they are finalized. I have the rules complete now but there might be a couple of small changes to gear.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is the website for this match. There are links to register for the individual and team match. https://magazine.tacticalperformancecenter.com/2016/01/08/tpcleomultigun/

The price for the individual match is $100 per shooter. The price for the team match is $100 per team (3-5 man teams). I will be at Shot Show in Las Vegas next week. Let me know if you are going to be there and I will meet up, give you some flyers, and get you more details about the match.

• 1 month later...

Save us some spots! (I already have mine, I am pretty sure). The ICE Tactical Competition Team is back, and better than ever.

I am looking forward to this match to 1) get more LEO's out competing, and 2) to bring together all of the "pro shooter" LEO's to show everyone what is possible.

P.S. Is the team match going to require all of the members be in the same division? or at least one from each? or no divisions and anything goes?

• 2 weeks later...

There should be a decent amount of pro LEO shooters there. I know Greg Severson, Craig Outzen, Keith Garcia, Nick Atkinson, Greg Jordan, and J.J. Racaza have expressed interest in attending. The DoubleTap Ammunition Law Enforcement Team will be there to give you a run for your money! ;) It is Beau Mason, Rob Wilkenson, Devin Lauritzen, and I.

All of the team members have to be the same division or they are bumped to the highest division. Example: 4 Patrol shooters= Patrol 4 Practical shooters= Practical 3 Patrol and 1 Practical shooters= Practical

Teams are 3-5 member teams. There will be awards for teams with all of the members of the same agency and awards for mixed teams (my agency is too small to have a team so I shoot with the DoubleTap team).

P.S. It was great seeing you at the Utah Peace Officer Association Multigun Championship! Great job on the finish!

• 4 weeks later...

Any update on the rules? Gear wise, mainly for Patrol division, (semi or pump shotguns) we use semi auto Benelli's, optics (magnified or non-magnified) etc....

thanks

The rule set for the UPOA match in February allowed only pump shotguns in the Patrolman division. You were also required to load off a side saddle. One magnified optic was allowed on the rifle. I suspect that the same rule set will apply in September. Hope that helps.

Cheers

Any update on the rules? Gear wise, mainly for Patrol division, (semi or pump shotguns) we use semi auto Benelli's, optics (magnified or non-magnified) etc....

thanks

The rules will be basically identical to the UPOA Multigun Championship. I can email you the ruleset if you are interested. Just send me a pm with your email. Patrol Division will be like Donny Brooks stated; pump shotgun and must be loaded from a side saddle/butt cuff. Shotgun can only start with 5+1 and no stage will require more than 12 shells (6 in the gun and 6 on the saddle). One aiming optic per rifle (scope, red dot, or red dot/magnifier combo are acceptable). You must use a retention holster and belt used for duty (SWAT rigs are accepted). Pistol must be on the USPSA production legal list, but doesn't need to conform with Production rules. No magwells or extended base pads on pistol. The intent is for the Patrol Division participants will compete with exactly the same gear they use for duty/patrol. Practical Divison is competition gear and guns. It is basically identical to 3gn Practical or USPSA Tactical. The only difference is the Practical shotgun must start with 5+1, to keep the stages layout reasonable with Patrol Divison.

For anyone interested please share. We want the widest possible participation. Let's make this a true NATIONAL championship. Maxximuss and I (as well as many others) are devoted to bringing in as many LEO shooters to competition as we can. It should be an integral part of every law enforcement officers training regimen and we're prepared to back that up with our hard work. Besides, we're looking forward to beating up on some of you Midwest and eastern shooters :)

If you've never competed before this is the match for you. We'll help you get started and we will treat you right. It's challenging but well within your skill set. I promise you.

If you're a seasoned competitor it's still the match for you. We have some darn devious stage designers. The courses of fire will be a good test of your abilities.

Above all it's going to be a ton of fun. And did I mention swag? Because we have some AWESOME sponsors!

I am available to answer questions or help in any way I can. My contact info can be found in the flyer.

Hope to see you all there!!

I almost forgot. The question was raised about retirees. Yep. Please come. I'm one myself and I'd feel awfully lonely being the only old dog amongst all those puppies. I need some of you to come out and shoot with me so we can prove we can still run with the pack.

I almost forgot. The question was raised about retirees. Yep. Please come. I'm one myself and I'd feel awfully lonely being the only old dog amongst all those puppies. I need some of you to come out and shoot with me so we can prove we can still run with the pack.

Eric is not joking, he will give you young bucks a run for your money! Thanks for the post, Eric!