Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Static Electricity Ground Setup.

BitchinCamaro

On 2/23/2017 at 4:43 PM, JimmyB said:

The picture shows a lash-up in order to get a 2 pin plug working in a 3 pin socket, via a butchered 3 pin plug. The scissors are being used to bridge what would normally be the fuse in the 3 pin plug.
It's been a long time since I was in the US, so I can't comment on the best way for you to earth your press, but there are other replies in the thread that may be of some use.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks JB!

• 2 weeks later...

Personally in the USA what I would do if my home is properly wired / grounded would be to take a cheap 3-prong extension cord from and cut it off at enough length to reach the bench comfortably. Cut the black and white wires short and meticulously insulate them with wire nuts, heat shrink, electrical tape, or whatever makes you comfortable.

Then strip the green wire's insulation and attach it to a bolt head holding the press to the table, and plug it in.

Feel free to verify the green wire actually connects to the ground prong with a meter - only because if I don't mention that some really bored safety nazi is going to come after me for it...

Edited by MemphisMechanic