Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SV Metal Grip

coltlover

I know, not another metal grip thread. Just looking for some advice. Do I "need" a metal grip? I'm new to the open game. Bought a nice Bedell gun. I've handled and shot open guns with both the SV Signature grip and the Phoenix Trinity grip. Both were aggressive micro pockets. Had a definite preference for the SV grip. Felt very good in my hands. I believe I have sold a shotgun, so I have a little discretionary income I could just reinvest. Or should I just save the $800+ and spend it on ammo?

I had a signature series grip on my open gun for a little over a year and thought I would never go to a plastic grip...After it cracked and they wanted $825+ to fix it, I went to an aggressively textured plastic grip and am just as happy with it...

Well, with a little motivation from Jim Beam tonight, I ordered an SV Signature grip with aggressive micro pockets. Had sent the Bedell slide out for plating earlier this month. It returned Friday and no longer fits the frame. Figured if I was going to take to my gunsmith, I might as well make it worth his time and mine. Hopefully I'll have some pics by Christmas.

bedell%20slide.jpg

Your hands will get used to it, but typically first few days it will hurt - be ready for that. Then it becomes natural.

You lose that "natural" feel if you don't use it for a couple of months, you then have to break in your hands again. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...